Plasti Dip + Phantom 4 Case? Why not?!

MinWax Polycrylic works good as well if you want to just put a clear coat on it. Its water soluble and you can brush it on in your house. Mine seems to be holding up pretty good. Dont use Polyurethane, it will melt the Styrofoam.
Do you have any pictures? Thanks!

Do you have any pictures? Thanks!

f1ba7f0eaf4a6e66d21dbc57556e8538.jpg
9754b7bd470adca2d4308751c85a366f.jpg
61866a30148d57f341f8559958716fc2.jpg

It's hard to tell but you can see a little shine from it.

That looks nice, @Kag.

I'm traveling internationally right now with the stock case. Been on a couple flights, one train, and two busses. Seems to be holding up well (plus the spare battery slot can hold a couple pairs of socks! Hah)

Ran out of time before I had to leave the States but definitely plan on plasti-dipping it once I'm home.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Now we just need someone to come up with a back pack style strap and harness for carrying it like a backpack

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Kag49601
Just to let everyone know, the minwax coating started flaking off on me. The good news is I was able to remove it all with some packing tape (lots of it, lol) but it pulled it all off. I have one of the black bags from above on order which should be here on Tuesday. I think this is the best route for this case.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just trying to find something to make my Phantom 4 case last as long as I can. I have no idea if this stuff will hold up, but it is worth a try!

Nice, now just need to find a way to add some back straps, and you made a custom P4 cheap backpack !

Just to let everyone know, the minwax coating started flaking off on me. The good news is I was able to remove it all with some packing tape (lots of it, lol) but it pulled it all off. I have one of the black bags from above on order which should be here on Tuesday. I think this is the best route for this case.

As soon as you get it, let us know if it fits well. I think I'll order the same black backpack if it does....

Reactions: Kag49601
It's a little tight at first but it's getting better. I like it.
uploadfromtaptalk1459270684265.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1459270694288.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1459270705817.jpg

If you spray the Plasti Dip, consider picking up a 3m spray paint mask....not very expensive and can be used for other toxic projects. This spray project involves a fair amount of spraying and this stuff is pretty toxic, especially if you already have a breathing ailment. You can also just spray outdoors and make sure you not on the downwind side....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some more pics of the USA Midway backpack. It really is much easier to get into the case now that the bag has been allowed to stretch, throughout the day. The zippers close up with no issue and the material is surprisingly strong (for the price). It has great back support as well. I'll let everyone know how it holds up over the next few weeks but right now I'm impressed!
uploadfromtaptalk1459302531732.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1459302537366.jpg

Some more pics of the USA Midway backpack. It really is much easier to get into the case now that the bag has been allowed to stretch, throughout the day. The zippers close up with no issue and the material is surprisingly strong (for the price). It has great back support as well. I'll let everyone know how it holds up over the next few weeks but right now I'm impressed!

Looks like a great backpack option!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl