Plasti Dip + Phantom 4 Case? Why not?!

Well snap! I'm in the same boat! Getting married in June in Jamaica then honeymooning in Barbados! Told her I'd hold off for a bit.

I plasti dipped it then measured the lettering, made stickers and "buttercoated" (a light even coat) it with super glue.

Niiice!

Here's the interior.
988c53a381561ebe05bd452a22f85b46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I plasti-dipped mine with white and then a couple coats of the "pearlizer" over that. Then painted the logo with gray paint. Looks OK I think...

However, I made a mistake when I gave the surface a light "sanding" before spraying on the plasti-dip... I thought it would help keep the coating from peeling off (as it is designed to do) and that any rough spots from sanding would be smoothed over after several coats. However, this didn't happen– the roughed up parts only seemed to get rougher, even after several coats. The finished surface still has lots of tiny rubberized "hairs" sticking up and is far from smooth. If I could do it over again, I would not use the sandpaper again.

In the end, I don't care all that much, so no big deal... I just want it to be a little more durable, and I think it will be.
8oSSAJM.jpg
z8qqBS9.jpg
5eBe3nW.jpg
uTgeZLg.jpg
fEXpjWr.jpg
VB6pVtn.jpg

Last edited:
I plasti-dipped mine with white and then a couple coats of the "pearlizer" over that. Then painted the logo with gray paint. Looks OK I think...

However, I made a mistake when I gave the surface a light "sanding" before spraying on the plasti-dip... I thought it would help keep the coating from peeling off (as it is designed to do) and that any rough spots from sanding would be smoothed over after several coats. However, this didn't happen– the roughed up parts only seemed to get rougher, even after several coats. The finished surface still has lots of tiny rubberized "hairs" sticking up and is far from smooth. If I could do it over again, I would not use the sandpaper again.

In the end, I don't care all that much, so no big deal... I just want it to be a little more durable, and I think it will be.

Can't see any of these kampy
I had same problem, Inwas going to sand off the raised lettering. Right before I was gonna go out and do this part, I remembered how plasti-dip is rubberized and peels off, as soon as I remembered that I knew I was in for a long night, I've since spent more time on it, looks great (to me) now. I just cleared the inside though, I like the grey look myself.
Let's see that pic!

Can't see any of these kampy
I had same problem, Inwas going to sand off the raised lettering. Right before I was gonna go out and do this part, I remembered how plasti-dip is rubberized and peels off, as soon as I remembered that I knew I was in for a long night, I've since spent more time on it, looks great (to me) now. I just cleared the inside though, I like the grey look myself.
Let's see that pic!

weird... OK, edited and added the pics individually

weird... OK, edited and added the pics individually
Oh yeah, looks so much better! Didn't like that "cooler" either did you? Like I said b4, I could've seen me painting mine white and not liking it.

One full can of white plasti dip. Did two coats of the plasti dip clear coat - so like half a can?
Cool , another thing since it's white does dirt sticks to it or shows more? Does it while of easy?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj