Ping Tracker

Reaction score
Anyone get one yet ?? If so, are they living up to their advertised claims ??

They haven't started shipping yet.

They were supposed to be out in June. Thought there might be an early beta release.

They were supposed to be out in June.
In the last email I received from them, they said shipping will now start in October.

Reactions: sshephard
In the last email I received from them, they said shipping will now start in October.
Man these things look really cool guys! And it does say that they are shipping in October of this year. Little bigger than a quarter. Wow!

Newbie here,
Haven't bought my P4P yet, trying to learn as much as possible from the forum about flying it and marking the drone.

Question: what is a ping tracker. Are we talking about a GPS device like Marco Polo?

Thanks
Sold out at $99. One year free service. I wonder how much the monthly service will be after one year? Neat little device.
John

I wonder how much the monthly service will be after one year?
Per the link I posted above:

"After the first year, Ping’s coverage plan is only $36 per year ($3 per month) per device."

Did I miss something ? Wasn't the release date set for June ? I am on the email list for updates.

It sounds like you did miss something. As I noted above, the last email they sent stated orders will now start shipping in October.

I want to buy a tracker and from what I see available now, the Marco Polo seems to be the best in terms of cost and functionality. Would the people who currently use it still buy it again?
I am very happy with my Marco Polo unit and not only would I buy it again, it is the only thing I would buy because some of the areas I fly in do not have reliable cellphone coverage (especially for trackers which have low power and small antennas) so a cellular-based tracker would be useless to me.

Last edited:
As I read in the back posts there was an email that went out to say these would start shipping in October.......... Anybody get any updates?

At this point, there is no ETA on the shipping date. You can read the updates here.

Thx msinger !!

Reading through the updates, I see the latest 9-13 says it looks like they will start shipping, "roughly" on time.

Any beta testers please post up results ! This thing really sounds like it really could be a great tracker!

Ping posted the following video update today:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'll take any progress at this point. This looks like it's going to be a great product.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31