Pilot App for iOS not compatible with P3?

I was thinking this, someone on here has posted he has got his new P3 but it has not come with a manual, just a quick start guide.

I was thinking this, someone on here has posted he has got his new P3 but it has not come with a manual, just a quick start guide.

The pains of being an early adopter, hopefully it will get sorted quickly but I'm glad as much as i want a p3 that i waited till all the problems are sorted out, i will probably get one when its at V2 with hdmi built in and by then ground station should be out with a few other goodies, but lets hope for every bodies sake everything turns out ok.

Wowsers. But lets be honest we all knew that something would **** up at early stages. Lets just hope it gets sorted soon.

Apple is probably extra cautious with DJI after the disastrous release of Vision app 1.0.46. On P2Vs it would crash when the camera was tilted.

Y'all enjoy your freshly shipped paperweights... I might cancel my order since it doesn't look like I'll get it before June.

REDACTED.

I have been informed that one of our engineers has made a misstatement to Apple. That has caused the delay. I apologize for my previous statement that the delay was caused by Apple that was not correct. We are working with Apple to correct the situation and will inform our users when the App is available. Again I am so sorry for misleading our users on this matter and was relying on the most resent data that was available to me. I am most embarrassed. DJI as a company will make this right. My apologies and please feel free to comment. It is my fault.

Y'all enjoy your freshly shipped paperweights... I might cancel my order since it doesn't look like I'll get it before June.

There's vendors popping up that have them available now. I got one today from ALL E RC and its on its way overnight. UAV direct is supposed to have theirs tomorrow. And there's two sellers on eBay I've seen and confirmed they have them in stock. I'm not sure who you ordered from but there's no reason to wait, as they can be found elsewhere.

REDACTED.

I have been informed that one of our engineers has made a misstatement to Apple. That has caused the delay. I apologize for my previous statement that the delay was caused by Apple that was not correct. We are working with Apple to correct the situation and will inform our users when the App is available. Again I am so sorry for misleading our users on this matter and was relying on the most resent data that was available to me. I am most embarrassed. DJI as a company will make this right. My apologies and please feel free to comment. It is my fault.

Thank you for the update! Do we have any idea at all when to expect the app to be made available?

There's vendors popping up that have them available now. I got one today from ALL E RC and its on its way overnight. UAV direct is supposed to have theirs tomorrow. And there's two sellers on eBay I've seen and confirmed they have them in stock. I'm not sure who you ordered from but there's no reason to wait, as they can be found elsewhere.

...but no app to fly it. Hopefully it comes with a manual, because there isn't one online.

...but no app to fly it. Hopefully it comes with a manual, because there isn't one online.
True enough. I'm hopeful, though, that DJI and Apple will be working very closely together to get this resolved quickly. That said - I too am disappointed in this launch not going more smoothly. Personally, I've been more excited to get ahold of this than I was my inspire so this whole debacle is certainly taking away from properly enjoying this.

As for the manual, from what I've heard one is not included. In fact, I've also heard no lens cap is included. I suspect these are the sort of things that come with the initial (possibly rushed) batch that will get resolved with future production. Similar things went on with the inspire.

In summation, I think we can chalk all this up to DJI continuing to struggle with aggressive growth and overwhelming demand. I'm certainly not saying that it's acceptable but I'm hopeful it will get better with time and future launches.

Could someone direct me to the Android app?
I don't see it on Google play...
Thank You
My understanding is that the most recent update on android was pulled. No reason known at this time. Also, if you read the latest reviews on android people have complained up instability and it not working with the P3. Perhaps it was pulled for stability issues? Or maybe this is simply a rumor.

Just for clarification, if we don't have an Android, we can't fly the P3? We MUST use the app to fly even though we have the controller? Won't get mine until mid May, but if that's true, it's really messed up to ship something that cannot be used at all if you us iOS devices. Just sayin'

Just for clarification, if we don't have an Android, we can't fly the P3? We MUST use the app to fly even though we have the controller? Won't get mine until mid May, but if that's true, it's really messed up to ship something that cannot be used at all if you us iOS devices. Just sayin'
I can only guess that by then this will be worked out on both platforms. By the way you shouldn't have to wait that long. Many vendors have them in stock domestically now, assuming you're in the U.S.

Just clarified w/DJI online Tech Support that it IS possible to fly using the controller w/o an iOS or Android device, but it is dangerous to do so and no settings can be changed w/o the apps.

Just clarified w/DJI online Tech Support that it IS possible to fly using the controller w/o an iOS or Android device, but it is dangerous to do so and no settings can be changed w/o the apps.
Yeah the idea of this scares me. Not to mention I shouldn't have to do this :\

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.