Reaction score
Hey All!

Well I have developed some sort of crack on the top of my bird by the motor [see attached picture].

I just sent my bird [P3P] into DJI for repair yesterday, hopefully it will be free as that is what I have heard most others being.

But most stress cracks I have seen pictures of, tend to be on the bottom side of the bird by the screws. For what I have, is it different from a stress crack? thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2182.JPG
    IMG_2182.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 568
  • IMG_2183.JPG
    IMG_2183.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 596
  • IMG_2185.JPG
    IMG_2185.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 583
They should replace it for free especially if its under the warranty still.Take a picture of your serial number because when i sent mine out for the same issue,i got a different bird back.Which they can do.

They should replace it for free especially if its under the warranty still.Take a picture of your serial number because when i sent mine out for the same issue,i got a different bird back.Which they can do.

How can DJ I do that change Birds

How can DJ I do that change Birds
They just can,any warranty work they state they can swap a bird out.I got my bird back with a complete different serial number i chatted with them they knew nothing about it or anything finding out after they swapped it.

Is it better if they changed the original serial #? I loved my bird.. never had any negative experience/malfunctions (besides the shell crack), and I never did any compass or IMU calibrations (had over 100 flights). If they give you a new bird, that could be a refurbished unit.

Is it better if they changed the original serial #? I loved my bird.. never had any negative experience/malfunctions (besides the shell crack), and I never did any compass or IMU calibrations (had over 100 flights). If they give you a new bird, that could be a refurbished unit.

It is and that is BAD ....you will never get a new Bird back

Pretty sure that when I sent mine in for stress crack, that I got a refurbed unit back. There were some new scratches and marks on the landing gear. My guess is that they eventually put a new shell on my old bird and passed it on to the next guy. Since the serial number is on a tag on the shell, you lose it anytime the shell is replaced.

Wonder how he FAA sees that when you register with your SN ....original SN

Yeah I wondered about that too. My bird is registered with an N number. Looks like DJI just swapped the top shell (the part with the registration number on it) onto another body. With no outwardly visible SN, I'm taking the stance that it's the same bird. I doubt that the FAA would look too deeply especially since I still display the N number which would be how they would track a bird.

My concern would be
NOT to be made an example out of by an over eager FAA official...drones are not on their list of good things in life....IMO we are two strikes down before they even ask us our name

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.