Musings of a P3 Pro owner

Reaction score
I’ve had my drone for over four years, and it has covered over 450 km, it’s usage varying between frantic to complete disuse for a year, then back to life after a recent lower shell stress crack repair (I removed the top shell and used Plast-aid ‘puddled’ into the cracks). Pun intended, it’s everything it’s cracked up to be.. It still makes my pulse race when it’s up in the air.

I also own a Mavic Pro and recently bought a Mini (on a whim), both of which are really competent drones, but there is something about the Phantom that still rings my bells, it has great presence.

When I bought my P3P, the P4 was in the market, but I was unwilling to commit that much money, and I have no regrets about that decision. All 4 batteries still work well and apart from the crack repair it’s been faultless.

Stay safe!

I also bought my P3P (refurbished) directly from DJI almost 2 years ago and it was far less expensive than the P4 was. And I also love it. I fly regularly winter and summer in temps as low as -31C and as hot as +33C and it has always flown flawlessly and it has "always come home" (my favorite line from the original release trailer). I also have a P2V+ that I acquired for free which was badly abused and damaged and I've since revived it and it flies but there's no comparison to my P3P. No stress cracks at all, all 3 batteries work perfectly along with my gl300c remote. Still in love with the Phantoms!!! Happy flying everyone! Be safe :)

My first UAV was a P4 which I flew very often for two years, and once the Mavic 2 Pro was out for about a year, I bought one of those as well. The M2P is a great device. It has a longer flight time, better range, great camera for photos, but you know what, I still like my P4 more. I like the feel of the props going on, I like the feel of the remote, and I like the way it feels when flying. My original 4 batts are still in good shape, and when asked by folks if I was interested in selling it, I have always said no. Someday it will decorate a corner of my den, while whatever else I have at that point will be in a case in the closet...

I'd like to have a mavic but the only way I could justify another drone would be to sell my p3p... not gonna happen!

Reactions: 3rdof5 and Capt KO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav