Phanton 3 4K No Wifi from Remote

Reaction score
I have looked through all the threads and found nothing on this.

I have two remotes, one generates NO wifi SSID at all, the other will sometimes generate a wifi SSID, but it then goes away. Sometimes it stays around long enough to connect but never long enough to actually do anything in the DJI GO app.

These are both Phantom 3 4K remote controllers GL358WB which as far as I can tell is the only RC compatible with the Phantom 3 4K model.

This RC uses wifi to connect to your phone or tablet for the DJI GO app connection, not a USB cable.

I have two GL358WB remote controls... the one that came with my P3 4K and another I picked up when my original got flakey. As I mentioned the original sometimes shows up in my list of wifi networks on my tablet or phone or whatever device I use to look for wifi networks... but it never stays around long.

The other is no wifi all the time.

The original links to the AC (aircraft) and flies fine. So the basic RC functions are fine. I just cannot use DJI GO to control and monitor and see live video.

I have looked at the printed circuit board (PCB) inside the controller but cannot see any damage or issues, even under a microscope.

I have looked online everywhere for any schematics or info that might help me repair the board.

I haven't seen anyone post anything that indicates any known flaws like solder issues or antenna issues or whatever.

I have brought the phone/tablet VERY close in case it was an antenna issue. Close enough to the RC PCB with the RF shielding cover off that even without an antenna I should see the signal.

Open to any hints about where to get info or where to get replacement boards or anything anyone has that might help repair these two RC units.

Attachments

• IMG_2613.JPEG
    IMG_2613.JPEG
    793.7 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2629.JPEG
    IMG_2629.JPEG
    848.3 KB · Views: 313
Since you have 2 controllers with similar systems consider that the problem could be elsewhere. Having 2 go bad identically is very odd. Can you see the networks from another receiver like your PC? A bad tablet or iPhone would show the same symptoms. When you get WiFi, how strong is the WiFi signal?

Reactions: Capt KO
Hate to ask but have you tried going outside? One of the only solutions I could find was that they could not receive a signal inside but worked fine outside away from other Wi-Fi signals. Just a thought.

I have a P3P and I never saw a wifi also , I always had to use the USB cable from remote to controller. I will open mine up this evening to inspect the board and compare pictures. My P2P remote is 2.4 and 5.8 and wifi , but the P3P was only 2.4 , which I thought was strange. I did purchase mine used so I cant be certain to what is original and /or if parts were swapped.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Oso and Capt KO
I have a P3P and I never saw a wifi also , I always had to use the USB cable from remote to controller. I will open mine up this evening to inspect the board and compare pictures. My P2P remote is 2.4 and 5.8 and wifi , but the P3P was only 2.4 , which I thought was strange. I did purchase mine used so I cant be certain to what is original and /or if parts were swapped.
P3P doesn’t use WiFi, only usb.

The P3P uses 2.4 and 5.8GHz to communicate between the RC and the aircraft. Those are not traditional "wifi" signals, they just happen to use the same frequencies as wifi. One frequency is used for control and the other for video transmission. As SKY-SPY said, the P3P uses a USB cable for communication between the RC and the phone/tablet.

The P34K on the other hand uses a wifi signal instead of a (simple) USB cable to communicate between the RC and the phone/tablet. It is this WIFI signal that is missing or intermittent on my Phantom 3 4K model.

You should see a wifi SSID on any phone or tablet near the RC when you turn on the RC regardless of whether you even have an aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic