Phantom Wetsuit - Crushes 26 minutes of Rain - lightning and Thunder.

I would think that the spinning hubs of the propellers would do a pretty good job of keeping the moisture out of the motor. Plus, unlike a brush motor, these are run inductively....there are no open exposure points in the motor. I flew, a few times, in dusty conditions where upon inspection there was a fair amount of dust that had settled in the motors. After using compressed air, there was still a layer of dust. Using fresh water, I washed out JUST the motor and then blew it dry. Clean as a whistle and no problems afterwards. Your mileage may vary....
...Jim

Reactions: JohnnyD913
BLDC motors will run underwater. That's not the issue.
Believing a spinning outtunner will not allow water to enter and not be slung into the shell is dubious.
This product may make your quad water-resistant in an unplanned brief exposure to a light rain.
However to say it 'crushes' (anything) is dimensionless.
What does that mean?

I don't know...maybe the statement was supposed to make you wake up and take notice. (it worked, right?) Too many variables on this one. Nearby lightning strike could cause havoc with the telemetry. The bird's dry but you're soaking wet with an equally soaking wet controller. Wind conditions would be a bother.....wind shear and updrafts can get very close to the ground during a storm event. There's a lot to consider. That said, if you're willing to go for the "wild shots" and get to where the "action" is, then by all means consider the garb. At the same time, consider the very possible consequences.
...Jim

Reactions: JWH
What I don't understand, and I'm no electronics expert, but this company has made a wetsuit for almost the whole drone, but the most expensive part of this drone is definitely the camera which is the one part unprotected, and I just can't imagine those gimbal motors with all those moving parts would be coincidentally waterproofed by DJI, likewise the camera which if waters were to somehow penetrate the seems or if some seems on the camera where open enough to have water seep down into it, I'm pretty sure it would ruin it. Also it seems if the gimbal motors weren't messed up on the spot by the water that they would definitely rust or something overtime, but I could be wrong and if I am wrong please let me know why.. thankyou just curious

Reactions: G Tek Fab
No word from the vendor in 8 days.

Reactions: G Tek Fab
It left this on a guys phantom, the guy was not impressed to say the least

Post on other f
c3a0c67063c224c7dd726a7ca39fd326.jpg

I agree with the majority..there's no way that some moisture didn't enter into the body..that's a hard rain and the prop wash would be terrible..I think if you took the bird apart and sprayed with water proofing like camp dry or something then maybe Just Maybe it may survive one such encounter

If you cover the drone enough to keep the water out, then you are also keeping out the air needed for cooling. What about the risk of overheating the electronic components? These drones were not made for water. There are drones out there that are truly waterproof. I would assume that they were designed with cooling in mind too. I will not be adding this to mine.

Reactions: Kenley101

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd