Phantom Vision Firmware Update WISHLIST

1) GPS Data recorded with video on microSD card, the same way the Contour GPS enabled cameras did. That way you can overlay airspeed, location, altitude, TOD on the video display.

2) Return to home switch position on the RC in non-Naza mode (I think someone else mentioned that, so +1)

3) Obviously, object avoidance would be a great upgrade but I doubt it could be done in firmware

4) Pre-programmable way points and camera bearing and azimuth.. it has a GPS on board so that should be relatively simple

5) Autonomous patrol (OK, stretching a bit)

6) Higher gain antennae both ends for RC and WiFi

I was thinking that a basic object avoidance could be done with a couple of simple ultrasonic transmitters mounted on the arms... the known separation would allow the copter to calculate a distance to an object. it doesn't need to be super detailed, just prevent you from crashing into a pole while your paying attention to something else. This is a problem for me since I fly around sailboats a lot.

Also, follow me mode. Yes please! Or at least a continuously updating "home" position to support driving from a car/boat/etc.

loganboyd said:
Hi all,

I'm a new DJI Phantom owner as of Christmas but I have built and flown a couple of other multirotors from 3DR and a DIY from HobbyKing.
I live in Austin, TX where Colin "G"uinn lives, his name isn't exactly like the MTV VJ but sounds like it when he says it.

I met Colin through a high school friend of mine, they are neighbors.

So far, my only issue with the Phantom is that you can't override the fail safe return to home altitude, ascend and descend settings. I have a couple of APM Ardupilots and all of those settings are controllable. In my opinion, the Phantom takes way too long to land on its own.

Hey Logan,

I'm in Austin too, and just got my DJI. I tried sending you a private message, but the board is not allowing me to - some sort of permissions setting.

Message me if you want to get in touch.

I would like the ability to have the Telemetry overlay on either a photo or video (both would be great). Give the option for speed, distance or altitude. If there is a way to do this now please let me know as I haven't found it yet.

David

Super-D said:
I would like the ability to have the Telemetry overlay on either a photo or video (both would be great). Give the option for speed, distance or altitude. If there is a way to do this now please let me know as I haven't found it yet.

David

David:

Take a look at http://www.flytrex.com and then at http://www.dashware.net

I've recently discovered both and you can do even more than what you're asking...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Super-D said:

David

David:

Take a look at http://www.flytrex.com and then at http://www.dashware.net

I've recently discovered both and you can do even more than what you're asking...

-slinger

Thanks Gunslinger. I'll check it out. I would like to see this as a built in function too as it means the novice would not have to do any modifications to the PV2 but this looks promising.

David

Great suggestion from iDrone to solve an issue I was looking to find:

Give an option to turn off the forward NAV lights (Red) momentarily whenever a photo is snapped.
Also, to turn them off while the camera is recording.

If this was a setting in the Mobile app, then a person could select it at night when they are trying to get images without the red glare.

The biggest single lack in the beginner Vision mode is that the VERY useful
Home-based course control is not available, and the beginner will quickly
experience the loss of knowing the P2V's orientation.

WiFi based aids, like the FPV or the Radar display in the DJI-Vision app
are generally beyond a beginner's capabilities, since the beginner is
usually struggling just to work the controls and to watch the copter.

The only recourse for the novice is turning off the RC Transmitter
to trigger an uncontrolled RTH, a rather counterintuitive idea.

Far better would be to allow the novice to switch to Home Lock
Intelligent Orientation Control, and continue to control the P2V,
knowing that pulling back on th the F/B control stick would
bring the copter closer to Home, independent of its orientation.

Jre said:
Voice commands for the DJI Vision App. At the very least, to snap a picture and to start and stop video recording.

+1 !!

While they're at it, they should also make voice prompts for certain limits: (all of these should be user-settable btw)

- Announce flight time (every minute, every 5 minutes, countdown of last 5 minutes, etc)
- Announce remaining battery, for every 10% decrease
- Announce distance limits
- Announce change of modes (GPS, ATTI, Manual, RTH)

All I want is the **** ground station to work with the P2V without having to have signal from the controller so it can fly on its own a good distance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20