Phantom perspective buyers

LOL it's true the HD TV never flew off on its own ;)

Thing is, any flying carries risk and even perfectly good equipment can go down. Welcome to aviation.

But, for me a total loss is the cost of enjoying a wonderful sport, hobby and most of all technology. It’s cutting edge full of fascinating possibilities.

Waiting only prolongs not knowing and I like to “know” what does what, this and that, rinse & repeat.

As long as you don’t lose the gear it’s always gonna be worth something so initial price may never be the upfront price paid. Same logic with many adult toys. No wife jokes please, LOL...

I totally agree there is a lot to be said about one s fascination for the learning aspect combine with the satisfaction, don't disagree at all what I find hard to accept is why this company isn't ready to meet the demand of the customers, customer service, now maybe the fifty plus post I've read over 3 weeks are dated not truth but relate to customer service unanswered phones an long delays, Is DJI be responsible to customers. Fair question?

Excuse my direction from help on why one chooses P3P now or waits
But it's all relative. Your In put is appreciated an will most likely help me in some way on deciding , thank you sir

My first venture into RC aircraft was with a P2 and I have NEVER had a problem in over 100 hrs of flight. It's a combination of making sure you are ready to fly with flying safely/sanely. If you can do that, then you are unlikely to have an issue. I love my DJI product, and look forward to seeing what they have at the Interdrone conference that may be coming in the future.

I'm going to tell you right now, the "people with problems post on the Internet the most" theory is lacking. People in today's society post every stupid little thing that pops into their head online.

One thing you do have though is a lot of passion and support when it comes to real issues. And being a high end, highly advanced piece of equipment means that a lot of "amateurs" need to LEARN. So people are learning.

I also ordered off of Amazon and and received my P3 in a week....

I own both a P1 and a P2, never had an issue with either of them.

I'm considering adding a P3 as well. But how prevelant are the cracks that are developing around the motor mounts? Is this common? Is there a way to avoid it?

The product is fun.. just don't expect any support from them... even if you are willing to pay them a lot to do it; it's easier just to buy a new one if you break even a little piece of it.

No. Sorry, I don't feel bad just saying no. It's that kind of talk that's scaring original poster away in the first place, and it's wrong! Namely, "it's easy to buy a new one if you break even a little piece of it."

These machines are actually quite serviceable for even amateurs, and there's a huge support community, and there are many shops that do repair work.

^ Coming from an amateur who got help from these forums to fix my phantom to be like new!

No. Sorry, I don't feel bad just saying no. It's that kind of talk that's scaring original poster away in the first place, and it's wrong! Namely, "it's easy to buy a new one if you break even a little piece of it."

These machines are actually quite serviceable for even amateurs, and there's a huge support community, and there are many shops that do repair work.

Can we buy a shell now? I must have missed something.

why, yes we can! http://forum.dji.com/thread-25109-1-1.html

Easier = buy a new one ... 3 days
Send it for repair = 2-3 months

a cracked rotor? sure... cheap and easy to source.

Last edited:
The P3P is ready to fly out of the box, just most pilots aren't. I spent hours watching videos and reading stuff, plus flying the Syma X5C and Phoenix RC Simulator. Had mine for a month, no problems yet.

The P3P is ready to fly out of the box, just most pilots aren't. I spent hours watching videos and reading stuff, plus flying the Syma X5C and Phoenix RC Simulator. Had mine for a month, no problems yet.

My second one has been worry free... just had to learn pre-flight procedures. People shouldn't really need their 'support' if they take care of it. I don't see them just crashing or flying away... that's 99% misuse (unofficial estimate in my world).

Simply put after reading a number of post about the phantom 3 my gut tells me postpone this purchase.
My son tells me, people post more when something is negative than when something is good, Logic is the "how good it is" doesn't make the drawing board as much as how bad it is. ....... Possibly

So are there others in the same position awaiting their units, wondering if the timing is right? Is this product have all the bugs out or does it improve in 6 months.

Luckily I went with Amazon, an have a couple weeks to cancel

Maybe some of the veterans on here can tell me, has DJI put a unit out there then latter
Correct an issue after the public has done their test work? Thanks

You hear complainers more than happy customers as a rule. It's a well documented business study.
You have to factor in the Education level of complainers, some think they Can do Everything straights out of the Box.
Some just don't like anything they cannot understand and expect everything to work for them without even reading instructions.

My wife bought a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium Edition, one flaw when taking a turn the engine would shut off!!!! Common a Very expensive Auto and it shuts off when turning sometimes? It happened to me and I almost got rear ended not to mention the Middle finger. ( Lookup the Recalls in Cars ) Error that cuased it was found to be a simple wire not connected correctly from one factory, by one line worker. Problem fixed. **** happens

In the 80's I worked at a hardware store During the ( DIY ) Do It Yourself ( Those were good Days ).
For some reason around the 2000 it turned into the ( DIFM ) Do It For Me attitude. ( It's really gotten worse and worse. )

Hope you find your answers but compulsive complains are around and always will be.

What is it they still say?
A happy customer will tell two people.
An Unhappy Customer will tell 50!
People like to complain for some reason it's the way it is.

Last edited:
if you want to be at the forefront of technology, you will deal with bugs,,it could be a computer, software, car,,,cutting edge technology will always bring some problems,,,you can always wait and buy something 'safe' that is a 'step behind',,but most of us like to go with the latest and greatest, which means dealing with bugs,,

Don't think its a DJI only issue, try apple, dell, microsoft,,the list of companies that push the envelope and have bugs is endless

Simply put after reading a number of post about the phantom 3 my gut tells me postpone this purchase.
My son tells me, people post more when something is negative than when something is good, Logic is the "how good it is" doesn't make the drawing board as much as how bad it is. ....... Possibly

So are there others in the same position awaiting their units, wondering if the timing is right? Is this product have all the bugs out or does it improve in 6 months.

Luckily I went with Amazon, an have a couple weeks to cancel

Maybe some of the veterans on here can tell me, has DJI put a unit out there then latter
Correct an issue after the public has done their test work? Thanks
OK let me just put this out there..I just came back from a class at Maine Media Workshops that was running a drone photography and cinematography class. The class was 12... the instructors had bought there own equipment.. that was 2 phantom v2+, 2 phantom 3s and a anspire 1. At the first meeting of the class.. the question was asked.. how many of you have ever flown before? 9 of the 12 had not..I had brought my dyi 250 drone frames and the two other guy had bought their anspire 1's.... and one guy had brought his anspire 1 that he had never taken out of its box. With the proper instruction nobody crashed... They all shot good stills and video and some where over the top. So what an getting at here is this any RTF drones may be ready to fly..but you may not be.. with proper instruction you will to.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

I tend to agree with Josh, if you like figuring out how stuff works, and there is a lot to these flying machines, and the loss of your quad wouldn't jeopardize your financial well being, I'd say go for it.

Take your time, learn lots, have a healthy amount of dread, but experience just how fascinating/thrilling this flying stuff really is.

I'm pretty new at this, and am scared almost as much as I'm thrilled every time the props spin!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31