Phantom P3 CE version - 13,000 feet FULL Signal Bars - THE LONG RANGE THREAD

There is only one version of the Phantom 3, it sets output power based on your lacation via gps, so if your in CE location you get 16dbm and FCC you get 20dbm

it does not seem to be affecting range at all though so far

Is this confirmed by DJI? Can you show your source?

Lightbridge was supposed to have long distance antennas available. Last time I looked they weren't available, but wondering if DJI will come out with something like that for the P3. From what I've seen, moding the equipment looks a little over my head.

Dji do not confirm this, they say they are set for shipping location. It is blade and Ed who have told us about the auto setting. Blade did message the PM about this a few weeks ago when a few of us asked him to double check. He said things might have changed and would get back to us when he knew. This is not proving to be a problem with range tho by any stretch of the imagination, a few panicked about this including me thinking the CE version may only get around 1km but that is not the case, with 3 4 and 5 km being seen even in CE. Its all good.

This is all very promising. I have been holding off buying a P3P until reports of long range started coming in.
It looks like with alternative antennas I will be able to easily get past my 6km flight I made with the P2.
Happy days!

15,133.2 ft / 2.87 miles I love the P3P!
tmp_7107-628771246.jpeg
View attachment 20060

I am still waiting on mine from Amazon. Looks like I am in the June 30th group. Bummer. I am a huge fan of Prime so I can return it for any reason for 60 days should I get a lemon. I think it would be awesome to fly it to a friends house at the edge of its range, swap batteries, bind a different remote and fly it back. I think it would be epic to fly my buddy a cold beer a couple miles away!

I am still waiting on mine from Amazon. Looks like I am in the June 30th group. Bummer. I am a huge fan of Prime so I can return it for any reason for 60 days should I get a lemon. I think it would be awesome to fly it to a friends house at the edge of its range, swap batteries, bind a different remote and fly it back. I think it would be epic to fly my buddy a cold beer a couple miles away!
It'd have to be one of these then:
ujgwDBQ.jpg

I think you would be surprised just how much these little buggies and carry. I used to fly my old FC40 with an added gimbal, gopro camera, two external batteries w/ mounting platforms, battery alarm, LED headlight along with the factory FC40 camera. Thing weighed a ton but still flew great. Only got 9 minute flights but flew great. If it ever went down it would have been ugly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31