Phantom Connection Lost

Reaction score
After 30-60 seconds of flight, I get the message: 'Phantom Connection Lost'.
When it happens.....
I still have control of my Phantom 2 Vision+
The screen of my iPhone 6 freezes to the last camera view.
The in-flight fix is to reset the go to wifi settings on the phone and re connect to Phantomxxxx.
The camera becomes live again on the iPhone.... then 30 sec later... the same thing happens.
over & over & over. Any suggestions? my firmware is current.

'Phantom Connection Lost' = Wifi drop out.
Could be:
2.4ghz interference, wifi module dying, antenna in bird damaged.
Damaged/not seated cables from the phantom to gimbal board.

First thing to do is drop your FPV to 360x240@15fps.

Has anyone had this happen? Flying well, shooting in DNG mode. We know the screen takes a little longer to come back, but I got a momentary "connection to Phantom lost" message on the iPhone display. Has never happened in JPEG mode. And, I didn't seem to lose control. The message went away quickly and all returned to normal. It happened twice in a shoot of about a dozen photos. Harmless bug or problem?

Has anyone had this happen? Flying well, shooting in DNG mode. We know the screen takes a little longer to come back, but I got a momentary "connection to Phantom lost" message on the iPhone display. Has never happened in JPEG mode. And, I didn't seem to lose control. The message went away quickly and all returned to normal. It happened twice in a shoot of about a dozen photos. Harmless bug or problem?
All the time.. its annoying as you have to fly the bird back with no FPV and reset the bird. Not sure why DJI did this, the programming is either silly or that the resources are fully utilised. Every time a photo is taken, the FPV is killed then restored. DJI should have just greyed out the screen/button and let the file write with the FPV still on. Makes no sense to do the black out and then reconnect.

You should not be getting the signal lost. You are getting interference from somewhere else or you your connection is being broken due to loss of antenna signal. I can fly out to a fair distance in 60 seconds. How far away were you when you get signal lost. Any obstructions between you and the craft like tree's or buildings? A little more info will help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair