Phantom Blades not turning fully (like in slowmo) :(

Reaction score
HELP!!!!

Seriously now, I am in Lombok (just off Bali) - brought my Phantom original Quadcopter, took it on my motorbike this morning to get some awesome footage.

When I tried to start the motor, the propellers were turning like they were in slow motion and got hot very quickly :( ie. none of them turned properly. Could something be on the wrong settings? Does the voltage on the Futaba T8J LCD screen mean anything? I am not very practical, but can't seem to figure out what is wrong.

I used it the other week without any problems. The only change I have made is swapped the better Phantom 2 propellers for the original phantom ones (as I only had one set of those). Other than that, haven't done anything. The only thing that I am thinking - is it possible that I have accidentally adjusted the settings on my T8J radio and changed something, as I saw that the bottom settings were not on 0, 0, 0, 0 the other week, which made it difficult to fly. Found out that they were supposed to be all on 0 (on the LCD screen). What should that mld sys or whatever thing it is read? ie. what numbers?

Thanks a million in advance, apologies for the long-winded message, but wanted to try and figure out how to fix it before I leave.

Cheers,
Antony

AFIK the voltage shown on the Futaba screen is the battery inside the Futaba but the P2

Have you changed the motor fixing screws (the ones under the motors), a common cause of motors just appearing to go around slowly is the fixing screws being too long and damaging the motors.
And normally happens when people remove blade guards, as the screws for the blade guards are longer than the original screws.

RogerClark said:
AFIK the voltage shown on the Futaba screen is the battery inside the Futaba but the P2

Have you changed the motor fixing screws (the ones under the motors), a common cause of motors just appearing to go around slowly is the fixing screws being too long and damaging the motors.
And normally happens when people remove blade guards, as the screws for the blade guards are longer than the original screws.

Roger, thank you so much, I had a funny feeling about that! Yes, I removed the blade guards, then it seems that I put the wrong length screws in. I then figured this out (that was my gut feeling), removed them and then tried again, and it still does the same thing. It sounds like I might have "screwed" the motor, pardon my french :( I will try again later.

How does one go about getting that repaired (if that were the case - I hope not :( ?

Thanks a million for your help Roger, I really appreciate it :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl