Phantom and Futaba : always goes to failsafe !?

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have just installed a Futaba T8J to fly my Phantom. It is already quiet heavy as I use a Hummer gimbal with GoPro Hero3 and a heavier battery to gain some flight time and power gimbal and video TX, and 4 extra feet. I have also followed the excellent videos from ThatGuy, and all settings are exactly like his.
I'm still using the stock props. I tried some carbon 9" props but the Phantom went all crazy.

I wanted to install the Futaba as I wanted to be able to control tilt on my gimbal (with the VR button), which works just fine.
Now, when I test fly the Phantom with the Futaba, it bounces all over the place, seems to have a lot of trouble obeying the Futaba orders and it looses control and goes into failsafe after a couple of minutes, even at only 50 meters away. When I regain control it goes into failsafe again after a couple of seconds.
What am I doing wrong here ?
Anyone had the same experience ?
Thanks.
Phil

You'll want to check to see if something is going on in that channel in the NAZA assistant, make sure that the needle falls dead center and it's not jumping around.
if it's jumping around, maybe check the cable connecting the Rx to the NAZA to make sure it's solid.
as it seems that those are the only two reasons why it would go into failsafe - bad channel info or a bad connection.

Gizmo3000 said:
You'll want to check to see if something is going on in that channel in the NAZA assistant, make sure that the needle falls dead center and it's not jumping around.
if it's jumping around, maybe check the cable connecting the Rx to the NAZA to make sure it's solid.
as it seems that those are the only two reasons why it would go into failsafe - bad channel info or a bad connection.

OK Gizmo. I'm gone open it up again today and check for cables and check the software again. I'll let you know....

netphreak said:
Did you upgrade the software, and import the new parameters from DJI? On top of that, did you change the reciever type to DBUS for the futaba? Those issues could cause your bad flights.

Thanks Netphreak, but yes, I did both. What is really strange is that even in failsafe the Phantom doesn't fly normal. It kind of jerks around, does some meters in any direction, comes back to the departure area, yaws around again to finally land. Luckily it did indeed come back because I thought he would just take off and fly away .....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik