AF2FF4EC-91AD-4810-A91C-54233D109AD12.jpg

214754ndvvva0pkp0kgvo5.jpg

215548ulldiflvmv4iv7l6.jpg

Reactions: Seawolf and Meta4
215121k371ra35prpl303n.jpg

215930ve7gn7din7pwad1b.jpg

220031uidkons6sjsp5sic.jpg

Reactions: Dave Billings
"In the second quarter of 2018, DJI officially released a new member of the elves series - DJ Phantom 5
Phantom 4 Pro has all the great design of Phantom 4 Pro, but also brought a heavy upgrade for the aerial lovers to bring more may! "

Reactions: Bendix
The translations aren't as interesting as the pictures ;)

Reactions: DroneTurismo
Interesting as it looks like a smaller version of the X7 design with the lens connection pins in the bayonet. If the MP hits 24MP with a APC-S sensor it will eat badly at some of the I2 people.

Now if it is true....

Reactions: uavflyr
If P5 does have swap-able lenses and that's all, I'm not sure it will sell very well. Professionals may like it, and can afford it, but I would expect the masses with P4Ps already will hesitate. The improved camera will likely push the selling price closer to $1800, maybe $2000. Add batteries and your at $2500. I will be disappointed if the P5 doesn't include:

1. Sinusoidal ESCs for better battery efficiency (like Mavic Platinum)
2. Quieter props (like Mavic Platinum)
3. 360 rotating camera and retracts (as shown by Autel at CES in their 350mm craft)
4. 99W battery, adding a little more battery power than P4P, but still legal to carry-on as many batteries as you want on a plane.
5. Offline mode, guaranteeing no data is collected by DJI (they offer this in their high end drones today).
6. A gimbal that doesn't flip during wind or high speed flying
7. Ocu-Sync communications, so multiple display receivers can independently see the FPV view (like Mavic), via wireless.
8. Carbon fiber shell, so the cracks go away.

Frankly I would be happy with the current P4P camera and buy a P5 if it had the above 8 features in my "wish list".

Last edited:
Don't be fooled by that (very poor) 5X hoax that's been around most of the year.
It's just rubbish.
The images they use come from a concept video that DJI put out in November 2015
And much of the technology of the P4 pro is already superior.
The original video uses a lot of CGI effects.
Here's a thread from two years ago when it first surfaced: New Phantom X concept from DJI

Don't be fooled by that (very poor) 5X hoax that's been around most of the year.
It's just rubbish.
The images they use come from a concept video that DJI put out in November 2015
And much of the technology of the P4 pro is already superior.
The original video uses a lot of CGI effects.
Here's a thread from two years ago when it first surfaced: New Phantom X concept from DJI

I thought it looked familiar and I do remember seeing the throw to take off vid somewhere

APS-C sensor? I am reading 1 inch sensor. Like the P4P.

The difference is huge, where are you seeing this APS-C?

Edit: How long until launch, would you think? Weeks? Months?

An APS-C sensor would require a much larger lens system to take advantage of the physical projection surface. Even with the 1” sensor the darn thing has trouble with excessive vignettes.

Reactions: Dronefriend

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl