Phantom 4 white spots and vertical lines on bright scene.

Reaction score
Things i have tried:
1. different device different usb cable
2.updating, resetting firmware
3.changing 3-in 1 flex cable
4.changing main flex cable-brand new oem
5.changing sensor board inside the camera
6.changing ambarella board
7.even installed it on my second spare parts phantom 4
8.changing todo-sd card board.
9. resetting the camera settings
10.different sd card
any ideas ????
here are the photos i found online, any ideas??? also i can't see dots or overexposure when i switch to picture mode, i know how overexposure looks like but it's turned off and camera settings are reset

Attachments

• 171728a66pbdjhc7cfedfc.jpg
    171728a66pbdjhc7cfedfc.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 421
  • 021806nccehqyczead5q5n.jpg
    021806nccehqyczead5q5n.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 379
here are the photos i found online, any ideas???
So you are saying these are not yours?....The first one is most definately overexposure. The second is also overexposure, but it appears also to have bad pixels. If these are not your's it doesn't help a lot to post them.

So you are saying these are not yours?....The first one is most definately overexposure. The second is also overexposure, but it appears also to have bad pixels. If these are not your's it doesn't help a lot to post them.
No these are not mine I just found them online, but I have same problem it's not a overexposure setting that you can turn off, it's hardware problem I'm starting to think that my flex cable is defective. Gotta order new one and hope that's the problem because there is nothing left besides that

but I have same problem it's not a overexposure setting that you can turn off
As I said, if you post your own we can give you a better idea of what is going on. Those images have two different issues, and are obviously overexposed on both. Bad pixels will show up regardless of exposure, and are generally in the same area of the image. If, as you say this does not exhibit the issue in still photos, we would need to see a short video clip and know what your camera settings are. You should eliminate all of the general issues before resorting to hardware, firmware or other changes. You are asking for more issues if you don't.

Are these photos copied from the iPad, or are the photos copied from your SD card, showing these lines?

What I see in your example 3rd party photos appears to be the view in the screen, with OVER EXPOSURE sensing on. Are you sure you don't have overexposure sensing enabled in the Go4 app?

Last edited:
Tell me the answer. I would like to know. I just deleted a bunch of pictures, better examples than this shot. I did a post about a week ago and they told me those were hot pixels and my camera was going bad on my P4 standard. Sometimes I get almost a good picture and other times it's real bad like this one. Same with the video.

DJI_0941c.jpg

Here is 2 shoots of the same tree. First one isn't too bad. Second one is bad. Look in the dark areas to the left.
sticktree2c.jpg

sticktreeorgc.jpg

I have better examples if I snatch a picture off the videos. You can clearly see the bright spots with the vertical lines. No time to do it tonight.

Tell me the answer. I would like to know. I just deleted a bunch of pictures, better examples than this shot. I did a post about a week ago and they told me those were hot pixels and my camera was going bad on my P4 standard. Sometimes I get almost a good picture and other times it's real bad like this one. Same with the video.

View attachment 115164
Here is 2 shoots of the same tree. First one isn't too bad. Second one is bad. Look in the dark areas to the left.
View attachment 115166
View attachment 115167
I have better examples if I snatch a picture off the videos. You can clearly see the bright spots with the vertical lines. No time to do it tonight.
Are these photos from your SD card?

After a cherry tree grabbed my P4 out of the air I was having the same issue. After a lot of searching I narrowed the cause down to a damaged ribbon cable that connects to the camera. After replacing it with a GENUINE DJI ribbon cable - TADA! It's back to fantastic video again.

Reactions: Capt KO
Thank you. I was about to give up till I saw this post. Your post hit the nail on the head. I was originally told it was not repairable and the camera was shot. I was checking out camera prices and wasn't too happy about it.

Reactions: RodPad
@WV. Rootman,

Well I really don't know if it is a camera or cable problem. Mine is still doing it.
I think I do have a new cable in my stuff for P3A. I'm flying missions well (practicing). Not ready to tear it apart as everything is still functioning....

My gut feeling as a see more of these posts, that it is a camera problem.
But I do know it is not a simple over exposure or warning!!

Warning the following is Off-Topic
I have another P3A that was giving to me 8-9 months ago from another member, really good condition. I took it out of the box, and put it back in the box. Making sure he didn't send my something weird.

Rod

Sounds like you're sorted by FYI my P4P had the same issue and it was the camera ribbon cable - the old one didn't look damaged.
When you say the camera ribbon cable, are you talking about the cable under the camera assembly? Because I’m having the same issue.

Attachments

• 4B0F6E9E-030B-4430-80EF-18CE7BB8EF44.jpeg
    4B0F6E9E-030B-4430-80EF-18CE7BB8EF44.jpeg
    629.2 KB · Views: 293
When you say the camera ribbon cable, are you talking about the cable under the camera assembly? Because I’m having the same issue.
L

We're referring to the ribbon cable that connects to the gimbals/camera on the drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20