Phantom 4 vs Typhoon H

I want/have the __________

• Typhoon H

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Phantom 4

Votes: 41 60.3%

• Total voters
From the video's I have seen typhoon needs a good gimbal because they look to fly wobbly. With all the hindges for folding this and that it's just more parts to wear. 360 gimbal, well you still are not looking where you going in FPV. Yawing the bird is not hard at all and the landing gear protects the gimbal. To me the phantom is built a whole lot sturdier.
I think if the Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Typhoon H & Inspire 1 were all dropped from a 50th height, the Phantom 4 would probably come out the least damaged due to it's design (just my opinion). But the goal in flying is to never crash, so that's not really what people think of when they buy drones.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I think if the Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Typhoon H & Inspire 1 were all dropped from a 50th height, the Phantom 4 would probably come out the least damaged due to it's design (just my opinion). But the goal in flying is to never crash, so that's not really what people think of when they buy drones.
The difference between a few big spare parts and lots of little spare parts being, to my mind, not all that impressive.

What IS impressive is that if you toast an Inspire (and associated expensive camera) you're out a heap of change.

One man's view & that's Tom's, over an hour long & I'm sure you'll come to your own conclusion, I did, defo worth watching

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DroneClone says No, the H WOULD!

One man's view & that's Tom's, over an hour long & I'm sure you'll come to your own conclusion, I did, defo worth watching

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Wow. Fixed 10 meter RTH height. Absolutely a deal breaker. It seems that DJI doesn't understand the concept of non - flat ground but Yuunec seems to have missed the 'trees and buildings' memo entirely. It's way too easy to go behind a clump of trees or a building and lose signal. On the Phantoms, assuming you set the RTH height accordingly, it just pops up and comes home.

I'd consider a Typhoon but not with that restriction.

Reactions: Ptr
Wow. Fixed 10 meter RTH height. Absolutely a deal breaker. It seems that DJI doesn't understand the concept of non - flat ground but Yuunec seems to have missed the 'trees and buildings' memo entirely. It's way too easy to go behind a clump of trees or a building and lose signal. On the Phantoms, assuming you set the RTH height accordingly, it just pops up and comes home.

It will be corrected soon!, Also if you are flying at a higher altitude, whatever that may be, It will return home at that height!;)

Well looks like the Cam on the YTH is not a step up from the competition. Reviews prior to release were very good. As this is in the hands of actual pilots it has not lived up to expectations. Seems like one of the gripes about DJI was too many updates. In viewing the forums the owners are requesting ..... updates to fix problems in the UI and bird in general.

And there are complaints about customer service.. interesting... P4 looking like the best available today.

Reactions: Ptr

Same as that

Well looks like the Cam on the YTH is not a step up from the competition. Reviews prior to release were very good. As this is in the hands of actual pilots it has not lived up to expectations. Seems like one of the gripes about DJI was too many updates. In viewing the forums the owners are requesting ..... updates to fix problems in the UI and bird in general.

And there are complaints about customer service.. interesting... P4 looking like the best available today.

Good conclusion

It's a handful of H owners that appear to have lenses that are out of focus, mine is fine and "as" good as my P4, as far as Customer Service goes, I have had nothing but a great responses. It's all in the eye of the beholder!

Well put me down as one of those who do not agree. There are many many reported issues on the H. I think it is a nice AC and I don't want to bash on it. I just think there was a lot of expected of the H and it has fallen short thus far.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a handful of H owners that appear to have lenses that are out of focus, mine is fine and "as" good as my P4, as far as Customer Service goes, I have had nothing but a great responses. It's all in the eye of the beholder!

Not any footage I've seen is as nice as a P4, none of it, maybe 8-10 videos, that's a pretty high percentage to be wrong. Also I've seen TiHo in the H too, so the gimbals not 100% yet either, I mean, neither is the P4 so, not a knock on that front. I love the retracts, but as my bird is always booking away and hardly ever in front of me, and being able to yaw the bird and get some **** nice shots, I have to agree as nice as it is, I'll take lightbridge over retracts all day long, and twice on Sundays! And with 2.2 million ft travelled on one bird, reliability is pretty solid, losing a motor will result in losing the whole bird for me, but at the distances I can go, 4 miles, well ok, 3.9m yesterday, losing a motor, over lakes and homes, I'd likely lose a Typhoon anyway with only 5 motors.

I'm more happy with my purchase now, then before they came out, that tells me, my own perception is that's it's more of a toy then tool, looks cooler, but form follows function on a P4, nothing fancy but gets the job done, and gets you back.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers