Phantom 4 remote firmware 1.9.3

Reaction score
I upgraded today (9/13/2017) the firmware on my P4 remote to 1.9.3 (from 1.9.?). Now I can only charge to 67-ish percent. Before it charged to 86 percent. The firmware version before that it charged to 92 percent. With each firmware upgrade it negatively impacts my remote. I upgrade in hopes they'd fix this issue. Instead it's just the opposite. I may have to bite the bullet and mail it in to the dreaded DJI Support. [emoji53]

Yeah, you have been reporting about this issue for awhile now, and others have as well, so it's definitely an issue. I say send it in. I know all too well how frustrating that is, but in the end, it will be worth it.

Reactions: jogforfitness
Yeah, you have been reporting about this issue for awhile now, and others have as well, so it's definitely an issue. I say send it in. I know all too well how frustrating that is, but in the end, it will be worth it.

Yeah, I've been dreading the thought of mailing it in but, I did so today. Here's hoping they send an RC back where it'll charge and function as it should.

Reactions: Brockrock
I upgraded today (9/13/2017) the firmware on my P4 remote to 1.9.3 (from 1.9.?). Now I can only charge to 67-ish percent. Before it charged to 86 percent. The firmware version before that it charged to 92 percent. With each firmware upgrade it negatively impacts my remote. I upgrade in hopes they'd fix this issue. Instead it's just the opposite. I may have to bite the bullet and mail it in to the dreaded DJI Support. [emoji53]

I had the same problem after upgrading, had to send it in. It took a month and the intervention of one of their forum reps to get it back, but they sent me a brand new one.

Reactions: jogforfitness
Unfortunately there is no firmware fix for the battery. Lots of people has this same issue. Its poor soldering near the battery terminals according to a youtube video and some posts on this same forum. If its under warranty you have to send it in.​

I had to send in my remote to the dealer for this very error. It took exactly one month to get it back, but they fixed it (actually I think got a new remote as I had to pair with my Phantom). It is a hardware error, not related to firmware.

Last edited:
ANYONE TELL ME IF P4 PRO CAN WORK ON P4 AND FIRMWARE IF POS
No firmware or RC can be switched between P4 and P4P, only battery's matches for both...

Last edited:
I have exactly the same issue. Any news about the fix?

No, you need to send it back to DJI for a replacement. This is a hardware issue, very, very annoying.

Now my second RC, which was replaced just a few months ago, is broken again (with the same charging problem) and has been sent back to DJI. So again, I expect another five weeks of ground time... good thing the weather is so crappy.

No, you need to send it back to DJI for a replacement. This is a hardware issue, very, very annoying.

Now my second RC, which was replaced just a few months ago, is broken again (with the same charging problem) and has been sent back to DJI. So again, I expect another five weeks of ground time... good thing the weather is so crappy.
was it under warranty? how much they charged you?

Re: controller charging

If it's a design or production problem shouldn't they be fixing out of warranty too? We have rules about that here in the UK...

So far mine has been good, though not been flown in over 6 months cos of the dodgy firmware.

Can someone link to more info on the hardware issue?

I had the same issue with my P4 controller gl00c. I sent it to DJI they replaced it. It was out of warranty also. Firmware 1.9.3

Yes. I mailed in the RC to DJI (California). It took a month but, they sent me a new P4 RC. I used it a handful of times since (winter now so, few flying opportunities) and it's charging as it should. DJI didn't charge me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl