Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. jogforfitness

I upgraded today (9/13/2017) the firmware on my P4 remote to 1.9.3 (from 1.9.?). Now I can only charge to 67-ish percent. Before it charged to 86 percent. The firmware version before that it charged to 92 percent. With each firmware upgrade it negatively impacts my remote. I upgrade in hopes they'd fix this issue. Instead it's just the opposite. I may have to bite the bullet and mail it in to the dreaded DJI Support.

2. Brockrock

Yeah, you have been reporting about this issue for awhile now, and others have as well, so it's definitely an issue. I say send it in. I know all too well how frustrating that is, but in the end, it will be worth it.

jogforfitness likes this.
  3. jogforfitness

Yeah, I've been dreading the thought of mailing it in but, I did so today. Here's hoping they send an RC back where it'll charge and function as it should.

Brockrock likes this.
  4. microlinux

I had the same problem after upgrading, had to send it in. It took a month and the intervention of one of their forum reps to get it back, but they sent me a brand new one.

jogforfitness likes this.
  5. coxy

ANYONE TELL ME IF P4 PRO CAN WORK ON P4 AND FIRMWARE IF POS

6. cthetoy

Unfortunately there is no firmware fix for the battery. Lots of people has this same issue. Its poor soldering near the battery terminals according to a youtube video and some posts on this same forum. If its under warranty you have to send it in.​

7. Mimoid

I had to send in my remote to the dealer for this very error. It took exactly one month to get it back, but they fixed it (actually I think got a new remote as I had to pair with my Phantom). It is a hardware error, not related to firmware.

#7 Mimoid, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  8. JMR

JMR

No firmware or RC can be switched between P4 and P4P, only battery's matches for both...

#8 JMR, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017