Phantom 4 not connected to Remote Control

Reaction score
<UPDATE: Solved; see below>
I have successfully used the Phantom 4 before today. Did firmware update to aircraft and now can't get remote control to connect with aircraft. Would appreciate any ideas, details follow:

1. Phantom 4 AC updated to firmware V02.00.0106 dated 2017-07-06
2. DJI Assistant on Mac with latest version V1.1.2-2
3. DJI Go on iPad at V4.
4. Symptoms:
(a) indicator light on aircraft is green (above cable connector ports)
(b) indicator light on remote control is flashing red/green as though it is rapidly alternating between the colors.
(c) DJI Go app indicates "disconnected" -- it doesn't recognize the aircraft.

5. What I've tried so far:
(a) yes, restarted everything after firmware update.
(b) tried re-linking remote control with aircraft as follows:
(i) pressed C1+C2+Record;
(ii) Pressed video dial;
(iii) got blue light on remote control so at that point pressed the reset button on the aircraft (above the cable ports),
(iv) this got me a green steady light on the aircraft but the problematic rapidly flashing light on the remote control.

6. I've repeated this after power-off resets several times. I've also searched a variety of on-line sources for ideas to try, but haven't found anything else to do.

Would appreciate any constructive advice! Thank you!

Last edited:
Not sure if the update went well, but if you have a 'disconnected' message on your app in camera view, try tapping it and hopefully you should open another screen advising you to update the controller. Hit the update with the controller turned on (AC turned off) and it should complete the FW update. Another poster was advised by DJI to do this and it helped me and quite a few others that were in the same boat as yours.
Hopefully following the update you should be linked again and you may want to do the new six step IMU calibration (not the compass calibration).

Fantastic advice @tevek -- upgraded remote controller firmware from 1.8.0 to 1.9.2 and now everything works as it should. Thanks a million!

Fantastic advice @tevek -- upgraded remote controller firmware from 1.8.0 to 1.9.2 and now everything works as it should. Thanks a million!
Pleased it worked, I got blindsided by the chinglish method to update, found a thread relating to the fix and relinquished suicidal thoughts......

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl