Reaction score
I have a huge tree branch in the path of flight so dont make fun of my terrible range. Today the weather was good but i only had 15 satellites and as I was flying with no range extender I kept getting a low signal warning at 3000 feet and with the parabolic range extender i hit 4000 feet. A few days ago in cloudy weather I got 5000 feet with no range extender and 18 satellites. I was thinking about buying the blueproton range extender and read it has mixed reviews but a lot of people like it. Are the antennas bigger than stock, do the dish antennae work good and how much will this increase my range?

If you're talking about this one, it won't work with P4. It's made for Wifi on the P3S craft, which is not Lightbridge, used by the P4.

Most people have been using the Itelite DBS2.2 antenna in this forum. They seem to have the best quality of all the kits on the market. You can buy those kits from MAXXUAS.com. Make sure to get the extra "clean install kit".

The best option is to simply buy an Inspire GL658A or C controller, but that's more money. The P4 controller (GL300C) is weak, but can be improved upon with a DBS antenna along with external amps and battery. That's about $250. For about $300 you can by the Inspire controller and use a windsurfer like I do. I get 2+miles in most places.

If you're talking about this one, it won't work with P4. It's made for Wifi on the P3S craft, which is not Lightbridge, used by the P4.

Most people have been using the Itelite DBS2.2 antenna in this forum. They seem to have the best quality of all the kits on the market. You can buy those kits from MAXXUAS.com. Make sure to get the extra "clean install kit".

The best option is to simply buy an Inspire GL658A or C controller, but that's more money. The P4 controller (GL300C) is weak, but can be improved upon with a DBS antenna along with external amps and battery. That's about $250. For about $300 you can by the Inspire controller and use a windsurfer like I do. I get 2+miles in most places.

Good luck with that. Notice the only review that liked it has Phantom 3, which depending on the vintage had a more powerful transmitter. If you have not seen this before, it shows evidence that different DJI lightbridge controllers provide different levels of transmit power. The P4 controller, GL300C, is the weakest model DJI has produced, which has proven to have the shortage range and least amount of signal integrity (resistance to Wifi interference).

DBS it is than, some say it will not fit into the aftermarket carrying cases with the panel, do you know if that is true?

There's a couple backpacks that will store the dbs2.2 antenna on the RC without taking it off.

1. Pro craft. $129. Carry on compatible with most airlines, lot of room, reconfigurable, but doesn't work too well throwing over one shoulder for short distances, hard to explain.
2. Think Tank Helipak, $119, my favorite, a little smaller than pro craft, best quality materials and heavy duty zipper. Lots of room, reconfigurable also. One shoulder carries good for short hauls.

If you buy the Inspire RC any case will work. Use the stock antenna, and use windsurfer if you plan to fly more than 7500' away. That's what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik