Phantom 4 Prop Balancing

Reaction score
Hi all.
Getting really excited, My first real quadcopter (Phantom 4) is hopefully turning up this week.
Just wanted to get some advice on prop balancing.
I have a Dubro Tru-Spin prop balancer, but just wondering, do I need to get a special / different size rod for the Phantom 4 Props?
I have read a few posts on the P3A, and they require a different size to what was supplied standard with my balancer. Is it the same with the Phantom 4 blades?
Thanks all so much for your help.

The P3 and P4 prop balancing rods are different sizes. If you have the Du-Bro 499 prop balancer, the P4 props will fit onto the included rod. If you have a different prop balancer, you can use any of the following prop balancing rods:

The P3 and P4 prop balancing rods are different sizes. If you have the Du-Bro 499 prop balancer, the P4 props will fit onto the included rod. If you have a different prop balancer, you can use any of the following prop balancing rods:

Thanks msinger for your reply. Yes I have the Du-Bro 499. I have one question though if there's any chance you can help me? The balancing rod is not a threaded rod. How do you attach the Phantom 4 prop to the rod? Thanks again for your help.

Just slide the center of the prop hub onto the end of the rod.

PropRod.png

Reactions: Scotty B
One question on the Dubro balancers. What material is the "knife edge" the shaft rests on?

Never really thought about needing to balance the P4 props. I wouldn't think they'd be that far off to make a difference.

With that said, I just ordered the Du-Bro 499.

What do you do for balancing if needed?

Tape or file down?

Last edited:
What do you use for balancing if needed?
I found it easiest to apply a small piece of clear Scotch tape on the underside of the prop. Other people like to sand the props or use clear nail polish.

I found it easiest to apply a small piece of clear Scotch tape on the underside of the prop. Other people like to sand the props or use clear nail polish.

Thanks msinger.

Now just to confirm, the Du-Bro 499 will work with the P4 props without needing an additional shaft correct?

I'm reading some reviews on Amazon and some say yes, some say no.:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkDrone 1
If I want to buy Dubro 499 Props Balancer to balance P4 props, do I have to buy an extra shaft for it? If so, which model of shaft do I have to buy? Or does it (499) come already with P4 props balancer shaft?

The 499 prop balancer comes with the shaft you need to balance the P4 props.

I haven't read through all of the comments. However, I know it comes with the correct shaft since I own that prop balancer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl