Phantom 4 pro, video not in 1 piece

Reaction score
I am new to the Phantom 4 Pro. I was shooting a time-lapse video of the sunset and clouds over the lake and the video came out in 4 Separate clips from the drones SD card. Is this normal or should it have been one long video? Is there a setting I need to change I would like it to be one long video if possible.

The video will auto split at 4 GB. There is no way to increase that max size.

Reactions: Pharm and ravedog
Something to watch out for. Sometimes you will see video freezes for maybe ten frames shortly after the new file is opened. Can ruin a long continuous shot.

It’s not the fat32 file system as you indicated, or any file system for that matter- it’s the AVI container using 32bit pointers that provides for the max size limitation.

Ummm. There’s no AVI file container going on here in the DJI. You’ve really lost me.

When I say: “you’re limited to 4GB file size on the FAT32 formatted SD card because that’s a limitation of FAT32,” please PLEASE explain why what I said was wrong.

I Metely was answering a persons question about file size limits and you go all hyper technical with what I believe to be inaccurate information or at the least a more complicated way of answering the question the same way. The general answer I provided answered his question satisfactorily. But you had to go and challenge me about “it’s not the format limitations”. What was your point? He got his answer. Unless you were out to point out your intellectually superior and put me in my place.

Again. Please tell me where my answer was wrong.

Yes it has to do with 32bit and math. But man, was this all needed?

If you google FAT32 limitations, article after article says “file size limit 4GB”. So please go correct the internet.

IMG_6031.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31