Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0

Reaction score
Is there a way to execute autonomous flights using the Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0. This drone has the built-in screen so you can't download any apps like DJI GS Pro, Litchi, etc.

What is the real benefit of getting the plus version vs the regular pro version. Is there any at all?

I guess so you don't have to buy your own screen.

Reactions: Bobby T
Does anyone know if DJI is working on an update that allows the Phantom plus version to download apps in the near future?

Does anyone know if DJI is working on an update that allows the Phantom plus version to download apps in the near future?
You can install 3rd party apps on it now if you're running the current firmware.

You can install 3rd party apps now, but many, like Litchi, Drone Deploy etc require the Google Play Store to function properly. You can Purchase Litchi from the Amazon Marketplace now, the Amazon Market can be installed as a 3rd Party App.
I was able to root my CrystalSky and add the Google Play Store and now can get any app I want on it. I haven't researched it to see if the process is similar for the Plus controller. It may be worth looking into but do at your own risk obviously.

Reactions: michael.f8
Here's a screenshot of the Weather Underground app installed on my P4P+ remote controller:

Screenshot_2018-05-17-01-40-25.jpg

One way is to ADB it to your RC. Here is a poorly done video but it should get you there. There are quite a few resources for this out there.

There's no need to ADB it since you can now sideload apps from APK files.
True, I couldn't find a sideload video for him. Same method as used on the CrystalSky too. Thanks for clarifying Mike, the depths of your wisdom are infinite :)

@cameronfox, if you're not sure how to sideload apps, all you need to do is download the APK file from a site like apkpure.com and run the APK file from your P4P+ remote controller. When you do that for the first time, you'll be prompted to enable the setting to allow unknown sources (which needs to be on in order to install apps from APK files).

@cameronfox, if you're not sure how to sideload apps, all you need to do is download the APK file from a site like apkpure.com and run the APK file from your P4P+ remote controller. When you do that for the first time, you'll be prompted to enable the setting to allow unknown sources (which needs to be on in order to install apps from APK files).
Thank you very much for your help

playstore and all apps run fine on the P4P+V1. I'd say V2 has this loophole closed as even the latest RC firmware for the V1 kills it.

Is there a way to execute autonomous flights using the Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0. This drone has the built-in screen so you can't download any apps like DJI GS Pro, Litchi, etc.
What is the real benefit of getting the plus version vs the regular pro version. Is there any at all?
DJI haven't been able to make the P4 pro+ run 3rd party apps properly in the last 18 months so it's not a good idea to get one if you are particularly wanting to run things like mapping apps which run very well on the non+ version.

The advantages of the + model are a super bright daylight viewing screen and having an integrated screen/controller.

DJI haven't been able to make the P4 pro+ run 3rd party apps properly in the last 18 months so it's not a good idea to get one if you are particularly wanting to run things like mapping apps which run very well on the non+ version.

The advantages of the + model are a super bright daylight viewing screen and having an integrated screen/controller.
no, dji havent been able to do it but we have. In fact, dji dont want you to do it :)

Here there is a simple instruction how to install and connect with the drones your phantom pro + controller and litchi or pix4d

Thank goodness i didnt get a + ...my galaxy s9+ has over 1000 nits of brightness.... does great in the sunlight and can you use third-party apps

Reactions: JonEQuest
I wonder how bright my Galaxy S8 is ? how do I find out ?

I wonder how bright my Galaxy S8 is ? how do I find out ?
Google "display mate galaxy s8"..... anyway if you keep it on automatic brightness it will achieve full brightness in the sunlight. Bet ya its close to 1000 nits

Here ya go....like i said when going outside keep automatic brightness on to achieve full brightness which is called "outdoor mode"

Edit..my s9+ is 20 % brighter then s8 with 1130 nits

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180519-222155_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180519-222155_Chrome.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 551

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj