Phantom 4 pro tracking device?

Reaction score
Hi all,

does phantom 4 pro has a tracking device to find when i crash my drone?

i'm currently using pix4d capture and DJI GS pro app to fly grid.

let me know if anyone knows

thank you!

does phantom 4 pro has a tracking device to find when i crash my drone?
No. It's only able to report its current location back to the remote controller. If the remote controller disconnects from the Phantom and the Phantom continues to fly, that last location might not be anywhere near the location where the Phantom landed/crashed.

If you want to be able to track the Phantom's location in any situation, you'll need to attach an external tracking device like the Marco Polo. You can find other commonly used trackers here.

Reactions: telecom1992
No. It's only able to report its current location back to the remote controller. If the remote controller disconnects from the Phantom and the Phantom continues to fly, that last location might not be anywhere near the location where the Phantom landed/crashed.

If you want to be able to track the Phantom's location in any situation, you'll need to attach an external tracking device like the Marco Polo. You can find other commonly used trackers here.

View attachment 110459

thank you for your reply will look into it! i needed to back up if the usb cable disconnects and not work during my flight time or if i can't manually control it.

currently just using the remote controller to track it as like you said..

thank you!

currently just using the remote controller to track it as like you said..
This normally is sufficient if flying within VLOS. Once you fly beyond your sight or the Phantom switches to ATTI mode and drifts away with the wind, it can be tough to track it down in cases where it does not return home. Even then though, you can get a lot of useful information out of the TXT flight log on the mobile device that often helps to locate it.

Trackimo is another is another tracking device that you affix to the drone. Available on Amazon and other places. I have one on both of my drones.

Reactions: RCLudlow
Wow, I know this is an old thread, but I just saw it and am going to make a video on how I use the Whistle Go Explore on my P3 Pro. I have been using one on my Dog for years, and never thought to put it on my drone. In tracking mode it will "Ping" the device every 15 seconds. It works off of 4G AT&T Cell towers and GPS. It will track you in Google Maps and over lay the device on the maps as well. The battery life is supposed to be about 20 days in Monitoring mode. The location is accurate to within about 10 feet. It has a little light that you can turn on in the app. It stores the Drone's route in the Smartphone. It also comes with a little Velcro strap so you can attach it to one of the Drone legs. I just posted a video on Youtube on how I use it on my dog. But at the end of the video I attached it to the Drone. Go have a look. https://youtu.be/z40F96p55Xs

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj