Phantom 4 Pro+ Market Values...

Reaction score
I'm kicking around the idea of selling my P4P+ (purchased end of 2017) and accessories - spare props, batteries, case, etc., and going with a Mavic model.

The reasons for this are varied, but primarily because I live aboard my sailboat and I'm having a tough time storing the P4P and gear safely - mostly from getting banged around when underway. Plus, it's a lot to carry on shore excursions. A Mavic would certainly make life much, much easier.

At any rate, I'm looking for some input on figuring out how much all of this stuff is worth, and what a fair selling price is, etc. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Canada
eBay is not a bad source for the kind of information you seek. These are sold listings.
42AC0A14-63D5-497C-B0D7-96170BB18ADE.png

Something I have wondered about with the Mavic is the inability to catch land it. That might be an issue while landing on a boat.
Agreed 100%, which was the reasoning behind the Phantom. However, we have numerous friends flying Mavic models from their boats, and even one flying the Spark. They're hand launching and catching without significant issues or injuries, so far as we know.

I would say they are limited by wind conditions a bit more than we are with the Phantom, but we're not flying in anything more than about 15 knots of wind - 17mph/28kmh. The Mavic models drop that to about 10-12 knots or so.

Another reason for this switch is power consumption by battery charging. I'm not sure what the draw is for the Mavic batteries, especially the new Mini 2 batteries, but the P4P batteries consume some amps on recharge cycles - fine when we're plugged in to a shore power source, but when at anchor or underway, those amps compete with other more critical systems, such as navigation, refrigeration, etc. I do use portable charge packs for my Canon/Fujifilm and GoPro batteries, but can't use those with the Phantom; I can with the new Mini 2.

Trade-offs and compromises...

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Sounds like you have thought it out well.
I've sold a couple of p4p plus this year, both with 2 batts.
1 @ $1000, 2nd (open box) $1150
and a few S P4P $7-900

DJI screws corrode quickly near saltwater so take precautions. Jealous of your home. Have fun

Reactions: svjobeth
and a few S P4P $7-900

DJI screws corrode quickly near saltwater so take precautions. Jealous of your home. Have fun
Thanks for the info. Always careful about corrosion in the marine environment.

If I may ask, how/where did you sell your P4P? eBay, a listing here, or word of mouth?

This will be a boone for someone - a P4P+ in very good condition, firmware current, never crashed, lots of accessories/spares...

Thanks for the info. Always careful about corrosion in the marine environment.

If I may ask, how/where did you sell your P4P? eBay, a listing here, or word of mouth?

This will be a boone for someone - a P4P+ in very good condition, firmware current, never crashed, lots of accessories/spares...
Only sold eBay once, for the open box, because it was one-time Free. The others were sold here and on Craigslist. Could offer better deals because of saving eBay costs. Also bought here, Craigslist, pawn, but only a few from eBay cuz high risk of junk. Buy low, repair if needed, sell fair. Retired, for now. Rebuilding my own crashed P4 from hurricane damage. LOL

Hmmm, thanks. I'll put together a classified for here after exhausting the local friends network. Might give FaceBook Marketplace a go, as well as Craigslist.

How many batteries? All charging properly?
If you are incl 2 batts and in the condition stated, should get interest here asking $1000 or risk eBay (-12%) fees. If in a hurry, haggle. I'll offer $500 before Starz does LOL
Good luck, have fun. Flying & boating

Haha...the list is quite extensive:
  • 2017 P4P+ and controller w/all cables, current firmware, never crashed/damaged/repaired
  • 4 complete sets propellers
  • 2 sets of 4, silicone motor covers
  • 6 batteries, all good condition, all charging properly
  • Battery charging hub with cables (charges 3 batteries and controller, all simultaneously if desired)
  • Neckstrap for controller
  • Polar Pro gimbal guard (2)
  • Polar Pro ND filters (ND4/8/16)
  • Polar Pro ND/CP filters (ND4PL/8PL/16PL)
  • Polar Pro Backpack w/waterproof cover (fits everything and still has empty pockets)
  • Foldable landing pad
I'm estimating the total flight time is less than 24 hours.

There may be a few small things I've overlooked. I'm keeping my memory cards to use in whatever I downsize to.

Last edited:
Formal listing for sale is in the Classifieds page...

and a few S P4P $7-900

Out of curiosity, is there anything you can use to coat the visible screws to protect from humidity/moisture when flying near saltwater?
Maybe a light coating of machine oil of some sort? Just a thought....

Reactions: Capt KO
Hi! I recently (a few weeks ago) I bought a second hand P4P+ with 4 batteries, 2 chargers, PolarPro ND filters and a Lowepro backpack for €750,-. It was even brand-new as the bird was refurbished but the person I bought it from bought a Mavic Pro 2 during the repair period.
So maybe you can get some more for it in the US but in Europe this is the price these birds sometimes go for.

Out of curiosity, is there anything you can use to coat the visible screws to protect from humidity/moisture when flying near saltwater?
Maybe a light coating of machine oil of some sort? Just a thought....
CRC makes a spray that is pretty good for corrosion. I use it on my motorcycle.

One the boat, I use either Tef-Gel or Lanocote.

And now for our curiousity, what was it sold for? ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31