Phantom 4 Pro is coming

Haha and people after the mavic release were saying it's the end of the P series....

I have to admit, pretty darn sweet update, but just got my P4 and so much to learn in terms of filming/editing, I'll give me a couple of years to master it and hop onto the next Phantom or advanced Mavic to avoid iPhone type craze with every new device. I define my needs of the moment and a release doesn't change them on the spot.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Finally finally got to watch the video, been in the field all day.
Omg! wow! It's like DJI read our posts and... I'm especially happy about one of mine they incorporated.

It will fly backwards along its flight path when signal is lost to regain it!! Told you it was a brilliant idea!
But... obstacle avoidance, in five directions, without giving up speed? WooHooooooo!
Most, thank you for the upgrade camera - as long as it doesn't tilt the horizon you'll have an absolute winner here!
I am listing my backup P4 on eBay in the hour, I don't even know what the P4P costs and don't care. Me=Want Now! The fact I don't lose my investment in P4 batteries is frosting on the cake.

I quite like the new screen they have but the all in price in Europe is way more $$$

One feature I would like to have seen is the ability to land where it took off from. It may not work all the time in the Mavic Pro, but I see it getting better over time. It seems like that feature would have been added since all of the other sensors were added.

Haha you know it.. By March of 2017 P5 Pro will be out.

haha! but I think you are way ahead of their release dates for a P5 anything. ;)

Given the Mavic "may" appear in mid-December in the local Apple store, the P4 Pro will likely show up in March 2017 with the P4 Pro+ around April. Inspire 2 maybe in March too? Hopefully they don't come with yet undiscovered built-in Karma curse bugs.

Also, since DJI started the rumor with their Epson BT-300 FPV glasses almost a year ago and they are still not available, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Nice specs on their new cameras though.

One feature I would like to have seen is the ability to land where it took off from. It may not work all the time in the Mavic Pro, but I see it getting better over time. It seems like that feature would have been added since all of the other sensors were added.
I believe that it has that.

Last edited:
It would not be possible to add a controllable aperture with these tiny lenses and small sensors. The problem is that stopping the lens down any at all from wide open would introduce more diffraction and soften the image. Some point and shoot cameras use internal ND filters rather than smaller apertures to avoid diffraction. Of course you do not get any change in depth of field with ND filters.
To have any shallower DOF would require a bigger maximum aperture, a larger sensor or a longer focal length. The Mavic has a larger aperture and a longer focal length and thus requires focusing.

Apparently it is possible ;)

To join in the chorus - the #1 thing I think everyone wants: better camera! My greatest frustration is having some amazing images to capture but the camera is 10 years old in design. Sure it's small/light but there are lots of camera of this quality even smaller/lighter. So, DJI: PLEASE give us a better camera (better=higher ISO both video and stills to start. I shoot at night or low level a LOT so could really use a useful ISO higher than 1600).

I'd love to see Obstacle Avoidance improved and given more fields of view. I do a lot of backwards and sideways flying. Now, backwards I'm usually pretty aware of where I came from but often I'm flying sideways and have come very close way too many times to just slamming into something - the dramatic shots are the ones going sideways and down low - man it'd be nice if the sensors wrapped around the body.

Nailed it! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie