Phantom 4 Pro is coming

What's interesting on the P4P controller is a built in microphone. It says it's for editing. Maybe you can record voice audio from the controller to the video while flying. Nah, no way. That would mean they would send audio from the RC up to the craft to be written to the SD card. I don't think that's what they did, but that would be very cool.

Do both controllers (with and without the built in display) have a mic or just the one with the display? It would make sense for use with the Live Streaming option (if the display unit doesn't have its own mic)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

One thing I'll say and say loud enough I hope DJI hears me: If you release a Phantom 4 Pro - which we will all surely love - do not, repeat, do NOT change the battery form factor. Make the battery "better"? Cool. Make the P4 Pro incompatible with my 6 P4 batteries? You gonna piss me off, I'm not about to buy more batteries!

Not only did they not change the form factor or interface but that means the new batteries will work in an older P4... keep up the good work DJI

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

They've never done that.

All P2 & P3 models used the same battery respectively.

Do both controllers (with and without the built in display) have a mic or just the one with the display? It would make sense for use with the Live Streaming option (if the display unit doesn't have its own mic)

I wonder how you live stream if you don't have a cellular connection to the internet with the provided DEDICATED 5.5" display? Maybe it can link to a phone via Wifi to gain access to the internet for streaming. I know a bluetooth connection is too slow for that.

So it appears they have rated the new "Enhanced Lightbridge" with the same range as OcuSync, 4.1mi, but they don't call it OcuSync. So it's unclear if it's going to be compatible with the upcoming goggles that are OcuSync compatible. Maybe the Goggles will have two modes, Lightbridge and OcuSync. ??
I looks like the P4P uses both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequencies to achieve the range, rather than OcuSuck. The new Inspire 2 uses the same technology.

I believe that it has that.
I looks like the P4P uses both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequencies to achieve the range, rather than OcuSuck. The new Inspire 2 uses the same technology.

I'm curious. I've seen others disparaging OccuSync....calling it "Occustink", "OccSuck", and other really clever nicknames.

Is there a problem with OccuSync? Are we supposed to dislike it for some reason? Not good technology?

Well, if the DJI goggles are not compatible with all three new drones, I won't be buying them. I sure hope they have cross platform compatibility. Maybe HDMI is used for P4P and Inspire.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj