Phantom 4 pro gimbal problem

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I own a phantom pro from a while but suddenly when I turn it on and when the gimble starts to calibrate it stucks at an angle and does not stabilize itself. Please give advises how to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.
Here is a youtube video of the problem of my drone:

The imu calibration process might corect it ,this does help fix minor issues sometimes,these phantoms are a bit hit and miss since one fix not for all so unless no hard knocks it might just require this calibration to be done,take props off and go the the process, it shows you pictures to follow onscreen so very easy to do,worth a try ,even try a gimble calibration in cam settings, then you will know if something else going on

Reactions: Rem 123
Have you done the gimble calibration in the app? Not just startup calibration. Could also be a bad ribbon cable connection. Hard to diagnose from a distance but appears to be the roll motor acting up. Is it hot?

Reactions: Droneted
The gimbal motor overload message generally comes from some interference in the free movement of the gimbal. A cable dragging against something, dirt in the mechanism, etc. Gently move the gimbal, with the drone power off, to all is’t possible positions, feeling for any slight resistance. The movement should be perfectly smooth. If it isn’t, find the mechanical cause. Do not use any lubricant to attempt repairs.

Reactions: Droneted
No it has not had an impact. I did the imu and gimble calibration, but the gimble still on an angel. And when I touched the yaw gimble it was very hot. When the gimle moves it makes robotic noise and stay at that angel, but not straight. Could it be from the electric speed board in the yaw gimble?

I guess I would start by replacing the roll motor. I can tell you from experience, The yaw motor Hall sensors can get damage from a hard landing. It does not take a crash to do it. If it were in my shop I would start with the roll motor. The second thing I would check is the yaw. 75% of the bad motors I get are the yaw. Just a slight scratch will cause problems.

Reactions: jiminyfixit
Hi everybody. I own a phantom pro from a while but suddenly when I turn it on and when the gimble starts to calibrate it stucks at an angle and does not stabilize itself. Please give advises how to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.
Hello.! .. From what I see in your Phantom and from what you already mentioned, that you performed the calibration of the IMU and everything remains the same… you have checked the connections of the flexible tape.? .. the one that goes from the Camera to the control card of the Gimbal motors and go up to the interface that is inside the base of the Gimbal ... sometimes the tape loses contact with the connections I suggest you reinstall them and previously clean them with a cleaning solvent for electrical contacts, check with the drone off if the movements of each of the motors are carried out freely and not forced, verify that no rubbish is found clogging the motor (s), you could use compressed air in a can for it and if the problem persists, if you have any acquaintance or friend who has the same version of your Phantom, do a complete Gimbal exchange to rule out that it is not a problem inside the drone and that it is only the Gimbal, another possibility may be that the hall sensor has failed. he gimbal stabilization motor, there are videos on YouTube showing how the motor replacement procedure is done. Hope you can fix the problem on your Phantom. Luck.!

Reactions: Rem 123
To give you an idea of factory repair costs, I bought a Phantom 4 Pro off of eBay with gimbal issues very much like yours and sent it to DJI. They are replacing all three gimbal motors and the gimbal IMU for $136.

To give you an idea of factory repair costs, I bought a Phantom 4 Pro off of eBay with gimbal issues very much like yours and sent it to DJI. They are replacing all three gimbal motors and the gimbal IMU for $136.
Hi. I will buy and ESC board and I will replace it from the yaw arm. I hope this will solve the problem.

Drone Ted is spot on about this being a roll motor issue. The length of time of your video is enough to increase the melt of copper wiring coating on the motor lugs. No crash necessary to create this issue. it is also accumulative over time. replace the roll motor if you can find a good one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj