Phantom 4 pro camera face down.How to fix

The camera of my Phantom 4 Pro, after turning it on, suddenly moves smoothly and then faces downward. It doesn't stay straight to the horizon.Please help.
One possibility is a bad SD card.
It's simple to check .. just try it without any SD card, that's the problem..
If it works fine, that's the cause.

Reactions: Gagey52
Greetings DroneMata, please let us know if removing the SD card solved the issue. Alway handy to know these little quirks.
Regards

Greetings DroneMata, please let us know if removing the SD card solved the issue. Alway handy to know these little quirks.
Regards

When I removed the SD card, nothing happened.

The issue still hasn't been resolved.

Reactions: Gagey52
When we click the link it comes up saying you need to join their site and then share the link to the video. IMG_1826.png

Tilt motor or gimble motor esc board (controls all 3 gimble motors), not difficult to replace. Thankfully I keep spares so trial and error is simple. Drone tools are your friend.

Tilt motor or gimble motor esc board (controls all 3 gimble motors), not difficult to replace. Thankfully I keep spares so trial and error is simple. Drone tools are your friend.
I have already replaced the Gimbal motor ESC board, but it's still the same. I am planning to replace the Gimbal camera IMU board located at the back of the camera case.Please help

Did you replace the tilt motor? If camera does the warm up routine then drops it might just be a weak motor. Would have expected the esc board but you replaced it. Understand your frustration, I've been fortunate enough to have spare parts on hand.

DroneMata - Did replacing the camera IMU fix your problem?

I am experiencing the same issue as you although maybe not quite as bad (after tilting down mine will drunkenly return to almost level after 4 for 5 seconds - although the camera is still facing down 5 to 10 degrees).

Also in flight lateral movement still has stabilized video but rotational movement results in the horizon quickly becoming out of level and the slowly returning to level after rotation stops.

Also when my drone powers up the camera will go through the usual movements and then center itself perfect. After about 3 to 5 seconds after centering the camera will jerk upward slightly then slowly (not real slow) move downwards to about 45 degress and then come back up to about 5 to 10 degrees pointed down. Pressing the C1 button will move the camera to slightly past 90 degrees and slightly below 0 degrees (around the same 5 to 10 degrees as the "new" zero).

I have tried multiple IMU and gimbal calibrations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl