Phantom 4 Pro - 360 Pano Mode resolution

Reaction score
Can anyone please confirm if the software update 4.1.22 that updated the P4P to be able to shoot internal panos int he Go 4 app, also has the 360 sphere feature as with the spark, mavic and air?

If so,

• How many images does it take
  • What is the final resolution?

thanks

Can anyone please confirm if the software update 4.1.22 that updated the P4P to be able to shoot internal panos int he Go 4 app, also has the 360 sphere feature as with the spark, mavic and air?

If so,

• How many images does it take
  • What is the final resolution?

thanks
Sphere mode shoots 34 images very rapidly. I mount them in Microsoft i c e which results in about 300 mpix depending on the format. Not sure what you get using the internal mounting.

Sphere mode shoots 34 images very rapidly. I mount them in Microsoft i c e which results in about 300 mpix depending on the format. Not sure what you get using the internal mounting.
Thanks, yeah wondering if its also (8192x4096), like the Mavic Air

Sorry I have not tried it in the app and I've already deleted all the files. Too windy to try it this morning, so maybe someone else can answer for you.

Thanks, yeah wondering if its also (8192x4096), like the Mavic Air
I tried it now just for comparison, and I would rate it unusable for anything but the most causal sharing.

I got a 4096x2048 png with some noticeable problems in the guessing-area of the sky (visible lines).

Stick to a desktop panorama tool for any real use.

Microsoft ICE is out of support but free and does a great job.

There are also commercial variants.

For reference, this is a ice 300 mpix panorama downscaled to 10000x5000 for Facebook

Panorama

(I only know of the facebook viewer that does not require flash, so I have to link there)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.