Phantom 4 Pro’s are huge disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I own two Phantom 4’s and despite a year of heavy use only have minor problems. One has occasional gimbal problems and the other loses video signal at short range once it gets warm. But I decided it was time to get a new one and purchased the Phantom 4 Pro. Boy what a disappointment that has been. From the very beginning it had problems. The signal breaks up ever 20 or 30 seconds, even when just sitting on the ground a few feet away. The video is noticeably jittery. And every few flights it gives a gimbal overload warning. Usually powering down and up fixes that by not anymore. Now it won’t go away. So I figured maybe I got a dud? So I bought the new Pro version 2. Hah! Another piece of junk. I’ve had only two flights now. Any time I stop or turn the drone, slowly even, the camera jogs sideways for a second. And it warns me as soon as it gets a few dozen feet away that there is some compass error and I should switch to ATTI mode. I wish I could take both of them back and switch with two new non pro models. These heavier cameras just don’t jive with the gimbals. Beware!

Some of the issues may be with your tablet. I had similar issues with my P4PV2 when using a Crystal Sky 7.75 Standard Brite monitor. They disappeared when I went back to using a iPad 4.

The Go4 app seems pretty power hungry and, like the Go App, seems to work better on iOS rather than Android.

If there's better AC in that price range out there, I'd sure appreciate being told about them.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
I own two Phantom 4’s and despite a year of heavy use only have minor problems. One has occasional gimbal problems and the other loses video signal at short range once it gets warm. But I decided it was time to get a new one and purchased the Phantom 4 Pro. Boy what a disappointment that has been. From the very beginning it had problems. The signal breaks up ever 20 or 30 seconds, even when just sitting on the ground a few feet away. The video is noticeably jittery. And every few flights it gives a gimbal overload warning. Usually powering down and up fixes that by not anymore. Now it won’t go away. So I figured maybe I got a dud? So I bought the new Pro version 2. Hah! Another piece of junk. I’ve had only two flights now. Any time I stop or turn the drone, slowly even, the camera jogs sideways for a second. And it warns me as soon as it gets a few dozen feet away that there is some compass error and I should switch to ATTI mode. I wish I could take both of them back and switch with two new non pro models. These heavier cameras just don’t jive with the gimbals. Beware!
Sorry but I don't believe one line of this ....

These heavier cameras just don’t jive with the gimbals. Beware![/QUOTE]
Huho_O that's the first time I've heard anybody say that.
This has a kind of fish smell to it :eek::smirk:

Reactions: O6-Hammerhead
Owns ( 2 ) 4's , buys a 4pro has trouble , then buys a pro 4 2.0 .. uh ya , no

Had my P4P 2.0 about a month now and no issues that can be traced to the fault of the drone itself.

You do have to use a powerful mobile device or the video will freeze and block up periodically.

I've flown the P4P 2.0 over water five times now, and I have come to trust it. I do note that the video downlink hasn't sufficient bandwidth to handle a full frame of close-range, choppy water. It will suffer gross block artifacts as the realtime CODEC cannot handle that much detail. But that is only if you fly close to water that is rough. The recorded video is just fine with no visible artifacts.

I flew my new P4P 2.0 for the first time today. Other than the backward vision sensor giving an error and needing calibration out of the box everything worked great!

I flew my new P4P 2.0 for the first time today. Other than the backward vision sensor giving an error and needing calibration out of the box everything worked great!

How do you calibrate the vision sensor?

How do you calibrate the vision sensor?

Download the DJI Assistant 2 program and install it on your PC. Then follow the steps on the screen. The program creates a pattern on the screen that you track with the drone cameras. The Windows version requires you to turn off driver signing protection because for some reason DJI didn’t have their drivers approved by Microsoft. Once I figured that out the process was easy.

Reactions: Scott Davis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl