Phantom 4 Plus P4P with built in DJI screen (android) NO MAPS

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why we cannot use the MAP/Satellite view function on this expensive P4P? Just get white generic map screen showing my home position relative to the Phantoms location?? I go ONLINE, go to MAPS download cache and it only sees CHINA locations and recognizes no other geographical locations on the planet, Mainly USA, nothing?? Any clues. I have the latest greatest firmware as of July 20th, 2017?

Make sure you disable the Chinese settings in maps, mine we're enabled. Then if the map is still blank, be online and click on the small map insert, if you then see a full map, click on the back on the insert that is your normal screen. You should then see a small map insert.

Please do a reset under setting / backup reset

I fixed this on mine today. Reset the RC to factory default. Beware, you will loose wifi and custom settings. Basically you will have to set it up as a new remote. Worked perfectly after for me. Satellite and basic maps are now displayed.

Yep I had to do the same thing FACTORY RESET and that fixed it. One of the upgrades along the line caused this problem. Spent 2.5 hours on chat with DJI and the end result was telling me to send my RC in to get repaired??!!!
These forums are the best and really the first place to go to! DJI Products are GREAT but their support team out of China has serious problems communicating every time I do a chat to get a feature fixed.

Thank you PHANTOMPILOT FORUM!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj