Phantom 4 Nvidia Shield K1 glitch

Reaction score
Hello
I have just purchased a brand new Nvidia Shield K1 from Nvidia.I took my P4 out for a flight with the new tablet and during a 16min flight the DJI GO 4 app crashed 4 times while the drone was in the air.It went back to the tablets home screen so I pressed the DJI GO 4 app again every time this happend. ......any ideas?

When I landed and tried it in Litchi it worked flawlessly so I'm guessing it's a problem with the DJI app......Please help!

Thanks

Which version of the Android OS are you running?

have you done the Android 7 update? If so, reset to factory should roll you back to 6 and everything should work fine - unless your tablet is rooted you'll have to tolerate the OS update warning that appears every time you restart

Hello
I have just purchased a brand new Nvidia Shield K1 from Nvidia.I took my P4 out for a flight with the new tablet and during a 16min flight the DJI GO 4 app crashed 4 times while the drone was in the air.It went back to the tablets home screen so I pressed the DJI GO 4 app again every time this happend. ......any ideas?

When I landed and tried it in Litchi it worked flawlessly so I'm guessing it's a problem with the DJI app......Please help!

Thanks
It's totally a problem with the DJI Go I have either smart issue with my Huawei Mate 9, I have mailed thousand time these issues to DJI and they only say the same bra bra bra.
After two months I found that when you connect the RC choose only charge mode and do not select any default app, you should be always select by manually what application will control the P44_pro.
Good luck !!

Hi
It was on lollipop when I first fired it up then it asked me to upgrade so now it's on 6.0 Marshmallow

Thanks

6 should be fine but you could still try rolling back to 5 and see if that helps

There is also an update to Nougat out there in the OTA updates - my experience says that's best avoided :)

I have the same issue with mine. There is no real resolution, only options.
1. Do a factory restore as mentioned and do not upgrade.
2 use Litchi and bag Dji go 4.
It doesn't appear that Dji will fix the app.

DJI won't fix problems with the Shield because it's not on their list of approved devices.

Rolling back to Android 6 is rock solid on mine - the nag screen is neither hard to get rid of or put up with :)

have you done the Android 7 update? If so, reset to factory should roll you back to 6 and everything should work fine - unless your tablet is rooted you'll have to tolerate the OS update warning that appears every time you restart
Simply resetting to factory does not roll back Android 7 to 6. It's just wiping your data and apps giving you a fresh start on 7 Nougat.
Yes. 6 Marshmallow seems to be rock solid.

nope, not a clean start on Nougat, it will roll your device back to as it left the factory, well, it does if it left the factory with android 6 certainly - the nag screen to update to Nougat appears about a day after you roll back - those with rooted tablets can use something like SD Maid to freeze the updater, those without can just ignore/dismiss the nag screen

Having done exactly this on three Shield K1's over the last couple I'm talking from experience - factory reset has removed the Nougat upgrade

nope, not a clean start on Nougat, it will roll your device back to as it left the factory, well, it does if it left the factory with android 6 certainly - the nag screen to update to Nougat appears about a day after you roll back - those with rooted tablets can use something like SD Maid to freeze the updater, those without can just ignore/dismiss the nag screen

Having done exactly this on three Shield K1's over the last couple I'm talking from experience - factory reset has removed the Nougat upgrade
I understand what you're trying to explain here but I'm very familiar with Android os and (at least on my K1) once Nougat is installed OTA I cannot do a factory wipe/data reset under system settings. Tried 3 times ,3 different approaches. It simply wipes all data and apps while leaving Nougat 7 as the is. Perhaps going into Bootloader and wiping data/cache brings a different result but I have not tried this approach yet.
Also, my K1 did come with 6 installed and I have not rooted my shield.
If I'm missing something as far as "rolling back" to 6 I would greatly appreciate your advice.
In the meantime I primarily use Litchi and have not noticed any issues with crashing. I would like to get back to 6 because the K1 just doesn't seem to have the punch it had with 6 .
Thanks andy_k

We've rolled three of them back to 6 using nothing more than factory data reset - so that is very weird - if you are stuck on 7 so be it, there's always light at the end of the tunnel but you may have to fiddle about a bit and install a custom bootloader - XDA devs would be a good starting point. As the Shield supports fastboot, everything can be done with it plugged into a desktop machine using command line

Last edited:
I also own a Shield. I was on android 5 and upgraded to 7.
With Litchi this is quite stable :). The Go4 app is crap however. :mad:

Just had a friend roll my K1 Shield back Now my K1 Shield is not crashing anymore
thank you thank goodness. I don't believe this issue would be DJI fault, but it would be nice if They could fix these issues as they arise.
DJI should know that every platform is always updated.

I've just done a factory reset and it's STILL on 7 Nougat so that ain't working on mine . reinstalled dji Go 4 and it still crashes.....Help!

Redsectora I had a friend of mine Roll mine back to the earlier version. I called Nvida Company and they sent me a link where I can download the older version They sent me this link. My buddy down loaded what was needed and now NO MORE CRASHING!!YES

Download Center

No problem Good Luck sure hope you roll it back It really worked Thank god.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna