Phantom 4, no firmware on controller

Reaction score
I've tried to flash firmware on my controller. On my controller, tap on "about" says version 3.1.1 next firmware N/a next S/n N/a.
I'm using a galaxy 6 edge plus (android) I read somewhere that 3.1.1 is for Mac/Apple?? Is that correct?
Anyway, I can't update my firmware as there is none to update.
The P4 drone is up-to-date firmware.
Please help me get the firmware on my controller.

3.1.1 is the SW version for Go app and not for the RC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is there no other help for this issue?

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app
You need to power up the the RC and the drone with your tablet/phone to be able to read the current firmware installed. The firmware is on the drone and RC and not the app. As alokbhargava has pointed out, you are only reading the app version when you are not connected. Once you have determined what version you are running, you can take the next steps to either update (the app should tell you if this is required) or leave it as is.

Obviously people are not reading my question. If someone would actually read the question in it's entirety, you may realize the Controller shows that Firmware = N/A below that it shows that S/N = N/A
Now I believe I have "duplicated" this post. Can we possibly focus on the problem instead of telling me I should pay attention to someone else's post that obviously didn't read my post either.
If you don't know how to flash the Firmware on the Controller, just move on to the next post.

Obviously people are not reading my question. If someone would actually read the question in it's entirety, you may realize the Controller shows that Firmware = N/A below that it shows that S/N = N/A
Now I believe I have "duplicated" this post. Can we possibly focus on the problem instead of telling me I should pay attention to someone else's post that obviously didn't read my post either.
If you don't know how to flash the Firmware on the Controller, just move on to the next post.
We are only trying to help you understand your problem and offer up a solution. As for being able to update and downgrade firmware, I have done it quite a few times and I'm certain alokbhargava has a lot more experience and is in a position to help also. I was asking that with everything connected and essentially ready to fly, what are the settings firmware numbers for your drone and controller as you see them in the app. You won't see any numbers with just the app powered up except for the app version which in your case was 3.1.1. It may be helpful to upload a snapshot of your settings so we can have a look.

Thank you for responding to this issue.
All numbers are either blank or just zeroes, and N/A's. The Controller shows "disconnected", yet I can actually move the toggles on the Controller and it will start all 4 motors and will fly. Without the gimble or camera working I dare not fly. Really the only info I get is app version. On my computer using the latest dji assistant 2 I see four versions of firmware, current is: 0620. Tried using earlier versions but would not install. Tried factory reset, did not work. Upon initialization of P4, camera swings up, then down, doesn't move after that.

Hmmm, had a similar issue with the old dji app and an older android phone. I installed dji go4, bought an iPhone 6+, new usb cable and have had no problems since. Having said that if I don't shut down any backgrounds apps prior to connecting to the drone, it would have occasional trouble connecting. Judging from what you can see on dji assistant, you probably have the latest firmware so I would be looking at your tablet/phone/cable before changing the firmware. I am assuming you have bought a new P4 and it should be ready to fly out of the box so it needs a compatible device to set it up and fly. Just a thought.

Ryan I was having the same issues. After a couple flights with no issues, suddenly I could no longer connect to my Phantom 4, it always said "Disconnected" but I could still move the camera and the motors. The problem was with my mobile device defaulting to Charging Only on the USB options. If I change my USB connection to File Transfer or Photo Transfer it will connect to my drone.

Reactions: Rob in Sydney.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20