Phantom 4 Home command error, landed immediately

Reaction score
Kudos to you all here for a wonderful assistance being rendered .

Please I need help, my P4 got landed uncontrollably in water and took off automatically after about 10 secs. During cleaning, the gimbal flex got broken which i replaced and it worked fine.

After some months;

1- During flying, i discovered once i tap the home icon on the GO app, the drone just landed at its.particular position without going back to the activated home point, despite GPS on and home point activated prior to take off. This will be needed when flying at a distance and the aircraft lost signal, which will trigger automatic return home.

2- Also, i discovered that the battery that got immersed with the drone does not charge anymore.

Kindly help.

Thanks .

During flying, i discovered once i tap the home icon on the GO app, the drone just landed at its.particular position without going back to the activated home point, despite GPS on and home point activated prior to take off.
Was your Phantom within 65 feet of the home point? If so, it will auto land at its current location by design when RTH is initiated. Check out the RTH section of the Phantom manual for more details on how RTH works. There are some other special scenarios you'll want to know about.

i discovered that the battery that got immersed with the drone does not charge anymore
Dispose of it and buy a new battery. Here are some places where you can buy a new Phantom 4 battery:

Reactions: Taofeek
i did not consider the distance as i wanted to fly within the closest range possible. Are you saying i should try at a distance and see?

don't you think the water might have effect on the signal?

Thanks.

i did not consider the distance as i wanted to fly within the closest range possible. Are you saying i should try at a distance and see?
I'm saying your Phantom should have landed at its current location if it was within 65 feet of the home point. If you're not sure how far away it was, then upload your TXT flight log here and review your flight log. If you need help reviewing your flight log, please post a link back here after you upload it.

don't you think the water might have effect on the signal?
No.

Reactions: Taofeek
[QUOTE="Taofeek, post: 1258421, member: 73391"Are you saying i should try at a distance and see?[/QUOTE]
He's saying that the Phantom is programmed to land where it is if you initiate RTH closer than 65 feet from the home point.
To test RTH you have to be further away.
See the 2nd point below the diagram:
i-ftSXzgN-L.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl