Phantom 4 - Gimbal "LIMP" on the 2nd boot ...

Reaction score
I have this phantom 4 along with my other drones (phantom 3 standard, phantom 3 advanced, mavic pro).
I never had any crash specialy on this phantom 4. But this problem occures since the last 3 month.
Gimbal only works on the first (cold) boot. And it goes limp on the 2nd boot. While the video feed is just fine.
I have tried to refresh firmware (2.00.0700), downgrade (2.00.0106), re-upgrade (to 2.00.0700) .
recalibrate the gimbal, imu, vision, compass all of them but the problem is still there.

Anybody knows what's wrong with my phantom 4??
Thank's...

I have this phantom 4 along with my other drones (phantom 3 standard, phantom 3 advanced, mavic pro).
I never had any crash specialy on this phantom 4. But this problem occures since the last 3 month.
Gimbal only works on the first (cold) boot. And it goes limp on the 2nd boot. While the video feed is just fine.
I have tried to refresh firmware (2.00.0700), downgrade (2.00.0106), re-upgrade (to 2.00.0700) .
recalibrate the gimbal, imu, vision, compass all of them but the problem is still there.

Thank's...
Yeh that's a very odd one,I had a Limp one once but not like that,if gimble calibration or imu calibration not fix it and it's new,I would exchange it,,,,,on the inteligent flight modes is yours turned on,,probly dumb question,but just ask
Screenshot_20180713-200447.jpg
i

Thank's...

You question if this could be temperature related in the video. I wondered the same thing. If it were me, I would take the gimbal off in order to re-seat the ribbon cables. It's not a difficult job as long as you have the proper tools and are very careful with the connectors and cables.

Yeh that's a very odd one,I had a Limp one once but not like that,if gimble calibration or imu calibration not fix it and it's new,I would exchange it,,,,,on the inteligent flight modes is yours turned on,,probly dumb question,but just askView attachment 101211i

I think the warranty was expired already since few months ago....
And yes, inteligent flight mode was enabled. I always set it on every drone i purchased.

You question if this could be temperature related in the video. I wondered the same thing. If it were me, I would take the gimbal off in order to re-seat the ribbon cables. It's not a difficult job as long as you have the proper tools and are very careful with the connectors and cables.

The ribbon cable is just replaced by the official dji repair shop due to the previous problem, some dot / vertical lines on the footage ....
If it was really caused by not well seated ribbon cable, i think this "limp" problem would occure a whole time since the time it was replaced. Don't you think so?

The ribbon cable is just replaced by the official dji repair shop due to the previous problem, some dot / vertical lines on the footage ....
If it was really caused by not well seated ribbon cable, i think this "limp" problem would occure a whole time since the time it was replaced. Don't you think so?

Hard to say for sure. The only variable seems to be temperature, so if the ribbon cable is not properly seated or slightly corroded, a tiny bit of expansion could explain it.

Reactions: sinxa
Hard to say for sure. The only variable seems to be temperature, so if the ribbon cable is not properly seated or slightly corroded, a tiny bit of expansion could explain it.

Thanks for your answer, i had that "temperature variable" too in my mind.
But, what do you mean by "expansion"?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20