Phantom 4 discontinued

Creeeeepyyyyy ;-) Just kidding. I joke around about checking out my hot neighbor with my P4 lol. Totally kidding tho.

Yeah I'm concerned about not being able to find parts for my black one eventually. But for now I think it'll be ok. Best Buy has the batteries and propellers... The other parts I'd have to search around. Just personal preference as to whether black or white. I prefer having something that not as many people have, although that means harder to find parts I guess.

c7ceaf340ade87fc6d8967f70f7635a6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Finding parts... Not a problem if you have paint :)

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried to get an answer from DJI confirming this but got this reply, "Sorry Joshua. We can't confirm this for you".
Which doesn't mean it's not happening... DJI never, and I've been on board since 2013, will communicate things like that directly to someone in particular! It will be confirmed when it's released... in the meantime we know that last december DJI launched a beta programm for future P4 (not P4P) firmware update for about 100 pilots out there...

Sent from my SM-G925F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: uavflyr
Yeah... That was my concern... The parts such as the shell, even minor things such as the black props and the tablet holder on the RC. I might contact Best Buy and see if I can purchase their protection plan and if so, what it would cover. Usually the good part about Best Buy is if something is no longer carried 2 years from now, they give you store credit towards the next model up. Gotta see what their policy is in reference to drones.

I have pretty much decided to keep it. I love the black edition. And having it be my first drone, I don't think it would be worth it for me to spend almost double the amount of money to upgrade to the P4P (my spouse got this one on sale during Christmas. Think it was $850 or something like that). I'm not a professional photographer. I am eager to learn to take better pictures and videos, and to learn to use the Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements that I just got.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yeah, keep the one you have, learn about it and how to take good video etc. There's no point in jumping to the next level until you are sure this is something you will still be doing in 6 to 12 months. With the increasing restrictions on where you can fly (in CA for example) this could become an issue unless you live in a rural area. Where I am there's no place to fly close by so it becomes a big deal to spend a day or so getting out to a place and back home again just to fly for an hour. If it's not convenient then you will use it a lot less than you think. The drone you have is plenty good enough until you know how interested you will be in the long run.

Since I have 4 good batteries for my p3p I just might buy another one. Don't need all the bells and whistles of a P4 or P4P. Just my 2 cents!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Resharing the same link doesn't make it more official ;)

What do you want - a personal confirmation from the Chairman of DJI? Countless dealers have reported this, DJI gave sent out official notices, common sense even tells you that they're not going to waste production time on the P4 rather than the P4 Pro - it costs money to have 2 different lines of the same thing. Seriously, just accept that DJI have 'discontinued' the P4 - which, like many others, peeves me off - I only bought mine in August and now the price has dropped 30% +. Sold it though, as I use my Mavic 95% of the time - which was the nail in the coffin on the P4 anyway.

What do you want - a personal confirmation from the Chairman of DJI?
First off I'm going to say I'm not particularly bothered if it's discontinued sooner rather than later. (I'm happy to keep using mine bought not that long ago and may get a mavic later to complement but not replace it, there are valid reasons for this which I won't go into)

Countless dealers have reported this, DJI gave sent out official notices,
Who are these "countless dealers" and where are the "official notices" (has anyone managed to get a copy of one as opposed to some text on a screen in a youtube video whose poster even used the phrase "alleged")

Seriously, just accept that DJI have 'discontinued' the P4
It's not whether they will or won't it's about sites reporting things as fact without any corroboration or at least a disclaimer.

Last edited:
Well here is the latest that corroborates what I said several weeks ago!

This is the message DJI sent to their dealers earlier today (translated from Chinese):

Hi Dealers

This is an update as of this morning on DJI Products.

DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Combo

Although production is releasing more and more crafts, DJI have announced that they are withholding all production to service their own clients on DJI.COM until the end of January 2017.

The end of January 2017 is Chinese New Year, where we can expect a 2 to 3 week break in production, so it does not look good for us. At this stage, Please warn your customers that the Stock of the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Combo is severely limited, but we hope that by March 2017 DJI get to the point where they have sufficient production.

DJI Phantom 4

The Phantom 4 production is terminated. We still have some stock left.

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional

The Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional production is terminated.

Phantom 4 Pro and Pro Plus

Once DJI get the Mavic Pro production sorted out, the consumer drones will be limited to the Mavic Pro, the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

Can we now accept that what I posted some two weeks ago is correct?

Case closed.

See the video I posted in post #3 above. It contains that message. DJI supposedly sent it out to dealers weeks ago.

Well here is the latest that corroborates what I said several weeks ago!

This is the message DJI sent to their dealers earlier today (translated from Chinese):

Hi Dealers

This is an update as of this morning on DJI Products.

DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Combo

Although production is releasing more and more crafts, DJI have announced that they are withholding all production to service their own clients on DJI.COM until the end of January 2017.

The end of January 2017 is Chinese New Year, where we can expect a 2 to 3 week break in production, so it does not look good for us. At this stage, Please warn your customers that the Stock of the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Combo is severely limited, but we hope that by March 2017 DJI get to the point where they have sufficient production.

DJI Phantom 4

The Phantom 4 production is terminated. We still have some stock left.

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional

The Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional production is terminated.

Phantom 4 Pro and Pro Plus

Once DJI get the Mavic Pro production sorted out, the consumer drones will be limited to the Mavic Pro, the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

Case closed.

That is word for word the "alleged" email that is in the video msinger posted two weeks ago.

Not until you reveal the source of said "memo". Also 'translated from Chinese' means no dealer outside China would have ever received such a note (if it exists).

One other thing - no Chinese factory will ever stop production for that long, even for Chinese New Year (also the new year celebration period is 2 weeks. You're telling us it will take them up to a week to gear up? LOL).

Last edited:
Not until you reveal the source of said "memo". Also 'translated from Chinese' means no dealer outside China would have ever received such a note (if it exists).

One other thing - no Chinese factory will ever stop production for that long, even for Chinese New Year (also the new year celebration period is 2 weeks. You're telling us it will take them up to a week to gear up? LOL).

Ok, fine, I admit it. It's all a hoax by DJI to get everyone to buy the P4P instead. All the P4s are going to stack up and then they'll release em when people get fed up of non deliveries of their P4P drones. Just paint a few 'sensors' on the side and trust people don't notice? Meantime, in the real world, the 'dealers' are slashing the price of the P4 - down by 25% around here. I wonder why they're doing that?

It may have something to do with www.susanews.com reporting it. And droneuplift.com. And we could talk about UAV.com. And diyphotography.com. Also the digitalcircuit.com. Never mind the flightofthephantom.com. Then there's 365bot.com. Some may ignore aero-news.net. www.stucco.co.uk have massive discounts on the Phantom 4 due to 'discontinued'. 'The Kitchen Table' on YouTube, a serious drone review site, states this as fact. But they're all lying! They're ALL in on the hoax! How funny these people are....luckily, I've not fallen for it....

Last edited:
So I guess you don't have a source then? :(

At least we've moved along onto speculation.

You're not one of these people who can't face facts, are you? Like the 'remoaners' here in Britain, crying over Brexit? To paraphrase Monty Python: "This is an 'ex drone'. It is no more. It has ceased to be." [emoji22][emoji22][emoji6]

I'm out of here - can't be bothered any further. Report a bit of news I happened to stumble on, as a general discussion, and have been hit with cries of 'foul!' Makes no difference to me now - I've sold my P4, before the prices REALLY start dropping...

Jeez....

It may have something to do with www.susanews.com reporting it. And droneuplift.com. And we could talk about UAV.com. And diyphotography.com. Also the digitalcircuit.com. Never mind the flightofthephantom.com. Then there's 365bot.com.
All of these sites took the information from the "On the Kitchen Table" video and/or copied it from other sites who found it there. So, I guess the real question is where did Simon Newton find this information?

I have a P3P, and purchased a Mavic Pro Combo last month. I've been very happy with both, but I'm phasing out my P3P as portability and ease of use is winning for me. I suppose if they released a Mavic with a P4P camera I'd be looking at getting just the camera. No worries either way, both are excellent products for my needs. I'm not a pro photographers, just a hobbyist who likes flying cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj