Phantom 4 Controller Will Not Fully Charge

Exactly the same path I was on, identical symptom. They allegedly "fixed" it, charged me for a battery replacement (out of warranty due to antenna mod.) They actually sent me a new controller, minus my antenna mod. Now, the replacement controller is doing exactly the same thing. I'm suspecting something deeper wrong here, especially seeing all the other reports of the same issue, with a replacement that is exhibiting the same thing.

It's time for DJI to come up with some other reason for the charging failure.

I had to send the entire P4 back to NewEgg. I got tired dealing with DJI support so I shipped the entire unit back to NewEgg for replacement. Hoping it gets back to me corrected.

Sent my 1 year old controller to DJI on June 19 2017 and it is now July 19 2017 still have not got it back yet. Have Called DJI and E-mailed them this is what I get back from DJI: We understand that you want to follow up to your case and we are happy to assist you. Upon checking your case, we can see that it is already approve and verified. We don't have idea when it will be ship out. No worries, once it is already ship out you will receive email about the shipment details.

Do you guys have any update for this situataion? I got this problem when update RC firmware in early Jun :(
Thanks for any recomendation!

Sent my 1 year old controller to DJI on June 19 2017 and it is now July 19 2017 still have not got it back yet. Have Called DJI and E-mailed them this is what I get back from DJI: We understand that you want to follow up to your case and we are happy to assist you. Upon checking your case, we can see that it is already approve and verified. We don't have idea when it will be ship out. No worries, once it is already ship out you will receive email about the shipment details.

Did you ever get yours back? I sent mine in nearly 3 weeks ago, it was just changed to status "Verified" on July 28th. Based on your experience I am expecting to get it back in a month :(

Hi there.

We decieded to open the RC and make some tests.

- We fully charged the battery with external charger. Once we reconected the battery to the RC the leds indicator only show half charged.
- We externally discharged the battery to the half, once we reconected the battery the red led and low battery sound start beeping.

So our conclution is that the RC is sensing wrong the battery and is not a battery problem, the battery is perfectly ok with the cells at 100% capacity.

There is a lot of chance there is a software/hardware RC problem.

We will try to downgrade the RC firmware and will report the results.

Thanks.

Reactions: jogforfitness
Hi there.

We decieded to open the RC and make some tests.

- We fully charged the battery with external charger. Once we reconected the battery to the RC the leds indicator only show half charged.
- We externally discharged the battery to the half, once we reconected the battery the red led and low battery sound start beeping.

So our conclution is that the RC is sensing wrong the battery and is not a battery problem, the battery is perfectly ok with the cells at 100% capacity.

There is a lot of chance there is a software/hardware RC problem.

We will try to downgrade the RC firmware and will report the results.

Thanks.

Very curious to see the results.....

So I have been having this problem for the last week or two of only having 2 lights. Starting today now I could only get it to one light. I saw another thread about charging your controller with a usb cable. I have had it on one for about an hour and as of right now I have 3 Lights!!!!!! gonna see if I can get it to four before going to bed. I have it powered off so it shows no lights, but checked by turning it on. May take longer to charge then before, but now i dont have to lose my business while trying to get it fixed through sending it back. Not sure if this will work but Ill let you guys know how it turns out tomorrow

I am new at this but am totally in the dark about the battery issue on my P4 standard controller. I have not used it for about 3 weeks. Went to charge it today and it flashed at 2 dots. then instead of charging to 3 after about 3 hours it went to 1 dot. then the red light came on and it started beeping at me. After 20 minutes of beeping it just went out. So seems like the charger is taking the battery down. Is this normal? does it draw it down to 0 before charging? It never did this before in the 5 months I have been using it. Called DJI and their solution was "go to Youtube and watch our video on upgrading your firmware" then watch our YouTube on "Manual RC Linking." Then call us back.
this smells bad. I cant believe that firmware upgrade will fix this. None of my other P4 parts are upgraded. Still have original firmware from 5 months ago on batteries, controller and drone.

ANY IDEAS PLEASE??

Mine is doing the same thing...only 3 of the 4 bars light up
I plug back in and lights flash normally but after a few min it goes out and never fully charge
Using 1.8.0

So I have been having this problem for the last week or two of only having 2 lights. Starting today now I could only get it to one light. I saw another thread about charging your controller with a usb cable. I have had it on one for about an hour and as of right now I have 3 Lights!!!!!! gonna see if I can get it to four before going to bed. I have it powered off so it shows no lights, but checked by turning it on. May take longer to charge then before, but now i dont have to lose my business while trying to get it fixed through sending it back. Not sure if this will work but Ill let you guys know how it turns out tomorrow

Any encouraging results?

Any encouraging results?
I was able using the mini usb charger in the port on the back up to 59% multiple times. The most i could get with the charging station was 19%. So it was a huge improvement and I didnt have to send my controller in to lose it for a Month or more as I have seen people post. This allows me to fly two batteries with two jobs a day. My business would lose money if I can't fly. I will be using this for the next month until I can buy a New Typhoon H because between the controller issues I have seen and experienced and the whole lockdown of flying areas I want to be able to not be held back by the company Im purchasing expensive equipment from.

image.jpg
So my charger finally went to low voltage and started beeping the normal red flashing light with the alarm... it's now has been charging for over an hr and still has only 1 of the 4 white led flashing....it seem to be stuck and can't get anymore of the white led to flash...just 1 :(
I think I'm screwed

So as I took this picture all the lights went out...so I unplugged and plugged back in....now I have 2 of the 4 flashing....but after a min the power goes out and you have to unplug and plug back in????
What the hell

Olroy, Did this start suddenly out off the blue, or right after a firmware update?
It's been doing it as far as not letting the 4th led to light up. I thought it was a random deal until I looked on here and to find out it's not... I did leave it plugged in with the lights that go out after about 30sec when your charging...surprisingly its charging back up even when the lights not flashing...although it doesn't look like it will get passed that 3rd led light.

I called and made a service ticket today
Will be shipping mine out for a full replacement under my warranty. I am confused as the email stated to return RC/AC so both could be tested and returned. Guess I will have to call them..guy I spoke with only said to return RC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164