Phantom 4 Controller not fully charging

Reaction score
For some reason when i charge my remote it only gets to 2 blinking lights and after a few minutes it stops charging. I havent been able to find an easy fix or solution other than reaching out to DJI which from what i hear they are not very reliable or helpful. Has anyone found a DIY hack or fix for this issue. Could it maybe be the charging cable itself? Ive tried everything and im trying to keep from buying a new one and spending the crazy amount for a new one.

I contacted DJi support the day before yesterday for an IMU question and i got a case number right away.
Yesterday they contacted me by mail and after a few mail contacts trying to get more information they send me a return form, so i could send the P4 back, wich i didn't do yet.
But i mean that DJi support is very helpful and understanding.

Same problem here.

Some months ago, the controller would stop charging, usually about 3 lights into the process, it would quit. Got the repair ticket, paid $85 for the repair (out of warranty, of course) and have it back, and it's worse! I got a few flights in, drawing the battrery down to minimim for safe flight. Plugged in the charger, and it quits after getting up past two lights. Not only is the problem not fixed, it's worse, as the charging process gives up after an even shorter time frame.

I've checked to see if the charging brick is faulty by trying another one (Inspire 2) and same issue.

I have to say that this is unacceptable. Now what? I wonder if I'l be told that there's no warranty for the repair?

This is frustrating beyond polite words.

For some reason when i charge my remote it only gets to 2 blinking lights and after a few minutes it stops charging. I havent been able to find an easy fix or solution other than reaching out to DJI which from what i hear they are not very reliable or helpful. Has anyone found a DIY hack or fix for this issue. Could it maybe be the charging cable itself? Ive tried everything and im trying to keep from buying a new one and spending the crazy amount for a new one.

Curious, have you done the latest firmware update?

Very common problem with the GL300C, contact DJI and send it back for warranty repairs. If you don't the problem will get worse, eventually it won't charge at all.

I am having the same problem. I called DJI Support and after a few question, he said to send in for diagnosis and sent me a label. I will be sending it in today or tomorrow and will report future activity.

I am having the same problem. I called DJI Support and after a few question, he said to send in for diagnosis and sent me a label. I will be sending it in today or tomorrow and will report future activity.

I have the same issue as well, during the latest update it went from 56% to 5% In 5-10mins and now won’t charge above 50% guess I will be sending it in....

I just got my Phantom 4 and it did the same but with 3 lights. I just keep the controller on one night. Every time it would shut off I would turn it back on until it started beeping on one light. Then I charged it, which took twice as long as it should, but now it works fine.

I just got my Phantom 4 and it did the same but with 3 lights. I just keep the controller on one night. Every time it would shut off I would turn it back on until it started beeping on one light. Then I charged it, which took twice as long as it should, but now it works fine.

That's exactly what I did, only two days later it refused to charge at all. Then a week later I went to turn it on and it was completely dead, no lights, no speaker, nothing. Covered by warranty, refurb controller appears to have no issues thus far.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20