Phantom 4 controller charging problem

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know this issue has been discussed but currently I am stuck whether I should continue using Dji or not bcuz this company is ripsoff. Yeah the techology was all there but the quality is sucks. My controller stop charging normally. It would charge for like only 40% max. When i plug in the charger the blinker will moved for 20secs and stop. Sent it in and it was the board problem. The problem was the controller is just 8 months old and the cost of repairing is 280usd. Any solution on how to repair it cheaper? cuz we all been spending a lot on owning it. The built quality should comes with the price.

This seems to be a recent problem that was unheard of in past models etc. Wouldn't an 8 month old controller be repaired under warranty?

Geo

You could get one on EBay. I had to send my controller in recently for the same problem and picked one up at a reasonable price to use in the meantime.

This seems to be a recent problem that was unheard of in past models etc. Wouldn't an 8 month old controller be repaired under warranty?

Geo
I was informed that the warranty for the controller is only 6 months. I have to bare the repair cost which is almost the same of getting the whole new set. The thing is, if i am willing to get another new controller. Would not it be inconveniences for me to get it every 6 months in the future. Seems that the built quality is unreliable and costly. I have seen a lot of people complaining on this issue espcially for the phantom 4 standard.

You could get one on EBay. I had to send my controller in recently for the same problem and picked one up at a reasonable price to use in the meantime.
Do mean getting another new set of controller on ebay or just the board? Have you been charged for the repairing cost of it?

Do mean getting another new set of controller on ebay or just the board? Have you been charged for the repairing cost of it?

I mean a totally different controller, I got one for $150. My controller hasn't reached the evaluation stage with DJI, but I don't expect to be charged for it since it's still under warranty.

How long have you been using it until you have the issue? Is it more than 6 months? The controller you bought on ebay, is it the same with the dji controller or not?

How long have you been using it until you have the issue? Is it more than 6 months? The controller you bought on ebay, is it the same with the dji controller or not?

I purchased the drone last March and starting noticing the controller battery life dropping off in June. Then it progressed to the charge indicator lights not going past the 3rd right after I updated to the latest firmware. After the firmware update, I'd be lucky to get 3 or 4 flights before the battery was exhausted.

The controller I got on Ebay was the same model.

I purchased the drone last March and starting noticing the controller battery life dropping off in June. Then it progressed to the charge indicator lights not going past the 3rd right after I updated to the latest firmware. After the firmware update, I'd be lucky to get 3 or 4 flights before the battery was exhausted.

The controller I got on Ebay was the same model.
But yours is still under 6 months. Do you think that i am able to get warranty on the board issue since it is not a battery issue? I have mine since january. Did you send it back to the dji factory in china or just your local distributor?

But yours is still under 6 months. Do you think that i am able to get warranty on the board issue since it is not a battery issue? I have mine since january. Did you send it back to the dji factory in china or just your local distributor?

They have you ship the controller to a regional repair facility, not China (unless you are in China, of course). You'd have to check with DJI on the warranty terms, I'm not sure if the controller is 6 or 12 months.

Anyways. This company is a rippedoff. A lot of bad reviews on the problem. The company couldnt care less regarding the controller issues. Yeah the tech is all good but the realibility is not there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl