Phantom 3Ad (slight) buzzing noise

Reaction score
I recently bought a pre-owned DJI Phantom 3 advanced. When I started the Drone up there was a slight buzzing, or almost humming sound coming from the middle of the Drone. It's definitely not a fan and the Drone still flies perfectly. When I calibrated the IMU the buzzing seemed to stop temporarily but then started up again. Has anyone had this issue, does anyone know what the problem is? All firmware has been updated. It's a slight buzzing sound almost.. and it's quite annoying, is this supposed to be like this? The previous owner said it was always like that.

It's a slight buzzing sound almost.. and it's quite annoying, is this supposed to be like this?

Sounds like the gimbal as it works to keep the camera level - there is a fan in there that can also create a noise like you describe.

Double check all the screws at the gimbal - does the sound change when you touch the gimbal - if so, it's a resonance happening (gimbal housing reacts to fan rpm.

It might help to loosen the screws and re-tighten them in a different order - this process works often with equipment experiencing resonant issues - worth a try.

The P3A does not have a fan for the gimbal.

The P3A does not have a fan for the gimbal.

OOPS - I stand corrected it is the 3 Pro that has a fan - not the standard or the advanced - thanks Dawg!

Check for any obstruction to the free gimbal movement

Check for any obstruction to the free gimbal movement
No obstructions, I checked the screws too, nothing seems to be out of order, I'm going to try to loosen and then tighten them again and see if that helps at all. The sound does not change at all if I touch or move the gimbal around

there was a slight buzzing, or almost humming sound coming from the middle of the Drone.
Perhaps you are hearing the fan under the OFDM board (where the VPS is also located). You can see where the fan is located by looking in the battery compartment. I realize it's hard to be sure with a sound like that, but does it seem like it's coming from that area?

Perhaps you are hearing the fan under the OFDM board (where the VPS is also located). You can see where the fan is located by looking in the battery compartment. I realize it's hard to be sure with a sound like that, but does it seem like it's coming from that area?
Actually yes, it seems like it might be. It's coming from directly above the gimbal, basically right where u r saying. It's tough to tell but its definitely coming from the middle of the drone in that area (thanks everyone for insights) I am determined to figure this out..lol

Fyi...turning and tightening screws didn't seem to help much.

If it does turn out to be that fan, is this anything I should be worried about, what can I do?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel