Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Lots of factors, but interference is probably high on the list. I get better results up in the mountains at my cabin (as opposed to a city with over 100k people).

You most likely right Ohary . I wasn't in the country but ended up over a country club where ya thought it would be a lot of interference
as it's right on the edge of town but we don't have don't have but a population of about 7400 folks :)
Big difference there eh :eek:

Nice pictures Rod! My country isn't as magical as yours but sunsets are nice.
FhVZMPJ.jpg

*This was taken on my second flight without the problem, this photo is at about 400m (1300ft).

Also as for interference, I live 5km from a town of 500 people. 100km from the city, 1m people. So It can't be an issue I'm hoping.
Anyway as an update, DJI has already contacted me to say that it needs to be sent back.

They gave me two options, to ship it directly back to them overseas and let them decide whether it's their fault or not (which I believe it is). Or to send it back to my dealer who will then inspect it and/or ship it back to DJI. Which should I do?

Seems simpler to send it DJI, if the dealer is going to have to send it in. It would be nice if the dealer or somebody else could test it against another unit like swap remotes / birds.

Anyone mange to get the 32 channel hack working on DJI go app? I can't seem to get it working.

The P3 range does suck something pathetic.

I sawpped out the POS whip style antenna's with $15 cloverleaf's from ebay and more than doubled the distance from about 500' to 1300'

Was wondering if you had any pictures of the work you did to your antennas you said you put 2 clovers on.. after reading these posts it looks like that it definitely needs antennas thank you for your help

My first test, I got 3800' (1150 meters) distance when RTH triggered I was at 270' (82 meters) altitude.
I have no problem with that test!

Guys i have problem with my phantom 3 standard. I bought it a few days ago. I do update DJI GO app and aircraft by phone.
I can not fly farther than 250 (820') meters. Max altitude is 60 (200') meters. Every time aricraft go RTH mode and he's back to me.
I still have a video quality. Every time I calibrate compas and charge battery in RC and Aircraft.

I'm from Europe.

I think you got a bad unit.
:(

This is a common problem for a growing number of users. It happens after firmware update. Dji knows about the problem, unofficially. Officially, there is no problem.
A workaround that I am using is to remove the built in 5.8ghz antenna and replace it with a pigtail that has a bulkhead connector you can attach an antenna to. Then I bought a 5.8ghz bi-directional amplifier. It produces 5 watts of rf at 5.8ghz. I can now range out to 2000 feet and altitudes of up to 1000 feet and have not yet lost signal or had an rth. Imagine what the range will be when Dji fixes the firmware! The amplifier came with a 5.8 ghz antenna and power supply. It cost about $50.00 on ebay. It will work on from 9 to 16 vDC. I use a small gelcell motorcycle battery . It lasts for several days so far with no recharge. everything is housed in a small ground station I made and is very light and portable

I think you got a bad unit.
:(
This is a common problem for a growing number of users. It happens after firmware update. Dji knows about the problem, unofficially. Officially, there is no problem.
A workaround that I am using is to remove the built in 5.8ghz antenna and replace it with a pigtail that has a bulkhead connector you can attach an antenna to. Then I bought a 5.8ghz bi-directional amplifier. It produces 5 watts of rf at 5.8ghz. I can now range out to 2000 feet and altitudes of up to 1000 feet and have not yet lost signal or had an rth. Imagine what the range will be when Dji fixes the firmware! The amplifier came with a 5.8 ghz antenna and power supply. It cost about $50.00 on ebay. It will work on from 9 to 16 vDC. I use a small gelcell motorcycle battery . It lasts for several days so far with no recharge. everything is housed in a small ground station I made and is very light and portable

I upload logs HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I don't know what should i do?

I wouldn't make modifications if it is under warranty. If you can't return it, better call DJI (on the phone).

I did look at your flight.
Too late for that. I already made the mods. And, I am pretty sure this is a firmware problem that should fixed in the next firmware update.

You can post about the problem on the DJI website forum for one thing. The more people who post about this the faster we get it fixed. It is a firmware problem.
Did the new all in one firmware solved your problem? I am also facing the same problem. Before iwas abble to go above 1000 meters but now only 200 meters and the signal lost.
I didn't update the all in one firmware cause i don't have time for now. Hope this has solved it.

Did the new all in one firmware solved your problem? I am also facing the same problem. Before iwas abble to go above 1000 meters but now only 200 meters and the signal lost.
I didn't update the all in one firmware cause i don't have time for now. Hope this has solved it.
Hey cebaku, the last post was in November, way before All In One, I will get back to you.
Rod

This Signal Problem after Firmware has happened to me twice. Both times I sent it in. I was going to add to this thread shortly.

But here some stuff / info that has been tried.

All-in-One firmware Version: v1.6.80

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31