Phantom 3 std help

If you had a stuck IMU sensor you would not be able to take off and the IMU would not pass its test or complete its calibration.

I have always used an iPhone with my P3S and currently use an iPhone XR. Would love to get a cheap Android tablet though. Just a note that if you purchased Litchi for iOS, you will have to re-purchase it for Android or vice versa.

Chris

Reactions: mtntrogger
Just to be clear....you're pulling the stick all the way down? As far as it can go? You don't need much to bring it down.

A little bounce upon landing is not unusual.
The left stick has a lock in feature that engages when the stick is in the all the way down position. To be clear, Ive been flying drones for about 3 years now, this is not my first rig. I am quite familiar with how they normally land. I could film how this one comes down to land for you all to see. No matter how slow I bring it down, it doesnt recognize when it is close to the ground. Im not taking about a little bounce, if I didnt manage this correctly this thing would just smash into the ground everytime. There is definitely an issue of some sort, and I strongly suspect that imu. I did a practice waypoint litchi mission last evening, I set it to land after completing the mission. It did so much better than manually or with auto land, but still seemed like it was struggling.

If you had a stuck IMU sensor you would not be able to take off and the IMU would not pass its test or complete its calibration.

I have always used an iPhone with my P3S and currently use an iPhone XR. Would love to get a cheap Android tablet though. Just a note that if you purchased Litchi for iOS, you will have to re-purchase it for Android or vice versa.

Chris
Thank you ! I have heard that the imu CAN be stuck without any other issues, but I really wouldnt know other than what I find through other pilots experiences.

The left stick has a lock in feature that engages when the stick is in the all the way down position. To be clear, Ive been flying drones for about 3 years now, this is not my first rig. I am quite familiar with how they normally land. I could film how this one comes down to land for you all to see. No matter how slow I bring it down, it doesnt recognize when it is close to the ground. Im not taking about a little bounce, if I didnt manage this correctly this thing would just smash into the ground everytime. There is definitely an issue of some sort, and I strongly suspect that imu. I did a practice waypoint litchi mission last evening, I set it to land after completing the mission. It did so much better than manually or with auto land, but still seemed like it was struggling.

Would love to get a cheap Android tablet though.
I have useful both iOS and Android, and I prefer Android. Brighter screen, google battery life and it doesn’t get hot like the iPad. There is however a list of steps to perform to make the Android device work to its full potential. ( It’s archived on this forum). Mine is dedicated strictly for flying.

Sorry if my question sounded condescending. I'm aware you have been flying a Spark. Having never owned one myself, I wasn't sure how the controls may differ.

I'm not familiar with the technical aspects of the auto land. Rarely used it. But I have to wonder if the IMU works the same regardless if manual or auto settings are used to land. Any chance you know someone with another controller you could try?

I would also try re-calibrating the controller if you have not done so already.

The lock feature i use that on my P3S to stop motors only after landing the bird. On the Mav i must pull down the left stick twice to land if the Mav sees the grond from 1 meter altitude to land. To descent the altitude of my P3 i pull down the left stick not mor than 1/2 way.

I am no expert on the P3S and maybe others with more expertise will chime-in.

When you are flying your P3S are the altitude values correct? When you are coming in for a landing do the altitude values match the approximate height of the P3S? Maybe the barometer on your P3S is not working properly.

Just a thought but I could be way off.

Chris

Reactions: KachemakDiver
I am no expert on the P3S and maybe others with more expertise will chime-in.

When you are flying your P3S are the altitude values correct? When you are coming in for a landing do the altitude values match the approximate height of the P3S? Maybe the barometer on your P3S is not working properly.

Just a thought but I could be way off.

Chris
They do seem to be correct in all of those aspects.

Well after 3 years of flying I guess I am officially a "drone nerd". I just bought a Samsung tab a 8" (2019) just for flying the bird squad. It will literally only have the dji apps and litchi. Planning on deleting/removing everything else and installing nothing else. Single purpose device. You know Im sure I will use it to surf the net occasionally, but, I presume this will be my main flight control once I get it set up. Wondering if anyone else uses one of these to fly their P3 and what your experiences are ?

Just wanted to post a thank you on here to those that popped on here and helped me. I LOVE the P3S !! Had it out camping the last few days and got to fly it around a good bit. I dont even really want to fly my spark much at the moment, the video quality and how smooth this bird flies is just awesome. I even reached over 6000 feet distance from the remote before I lost video feed ! Well over a mile out with perfect reception. I am excited to post a bit of footage on here soon !

mtntrogger,

Congrats on getting your hands on a P3S... it surely is a GREAT drone. It was hugely popular, especially when the price was reduced from $649 to $399 back in late 2015 into early 2016. There is a huge cult following with the P3S. So many fans around here for that quad. There are so many DIY hacks people have done - just one of those things where you maximize the potential of the P3S...I did and it feels special. Also, re: your spark... I was the same way....but after 6 months I went back to it...the Spark really is a great little guy to fly as well. Love the "cooler" white settings you can go with that makes the blues (over lakes/pods/ocean) and the white clouds really pop! That 1080p camera is Spark is great.

If you haven't already, check out Magic Power 5. Many (myself included) have good luck with that free program for P3S.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
P3S is basic drone for beginners and runs on wifi. The distance is no more than 1km. One could extend that by adding extended antenna, that will give you about 30 to 40% extended range. Litchi app make the P3S more interesting, but the video feed always have issues. You might want to upgrade to P3Pro or higher to give you distance and good video quality. Good luck and have fun🛩

P3S is basic drone for beginners and runs on wifi. The distance is no more than 1km. One could extend that by adding extended antenna, that will give you about 30 to 40% extended range. Litchi app make the P3S more interesting, but the video feed always have issues. You might want to upgrade to P3Pro or higher to give you distance and good video quality. Good luck and have fun🛩
I believe Wi-Fi is for the video only. I lose video long before I lose connection and control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.