Phantom 3 Standard

Reactions: Neon Euc
Why is it that people just open the box and try to fly a $500 + piece of technology? Just befuddles me sometimes......

Be Nice ;)

Yep, I read the manual at least twice before I ordered my P2V+, that was about $1400 then with second battery and accessories I had surfed the web from June 2014 to Jan 2015 before a pressed the order button.

Rod

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I have a question about my P3S. I just installed the DBS Mod today because I was getting horrible distance anywhere I flew. When I took out the old antenna it had burn marks and I realized it had burned out. Does anyone know why it burned out and I was getting horrible distances from the first flight until now.

Hey peeps. Fly Dawg, you described me couple posts ago. Open the box on $500+ piece of tech and let's fly.....lol....crashed it second time up into a big tree. It then fell out, onto a road and got hit by a car......****...feel pretty stupid now, and few more dollars poorer now buying replacement parts. Live and learn.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hey Droneboy, maybe antenna wire was shorting out on something or wasn't connected securely enough so vibrations caused connection to break and reattach, surges in power/signal burnout.....more than wire designed for. Is everything else standard? I'm just guessing. Owned P3 for a week now...lol...

I have a question about my P3S. I just installed the DBS Mod today because I was getting horrible distance anywhere I flew. When I took out the old antenna it had burn marks and I realized it had burned out. Does anyone know why it burned out and I was getting horrible distances from the first flight until now.
Burn marks where?

Hey Droneboy, maybe antenna wire was shorting out on something or wasn't connected securely enough so vibrations caused connection to break and reattach, surges in power/signal burnout.....more than wire designed for. Is everything else standard? I'm just guessing. Owned P3 for a week now...lol...
A week and it burned out.... Sounds like a good old shop exchange matey, take it back and don't try to repair it. Very rare for anything like that to happen in a short time

Hey Droneboy, maybe antenna wire was shorting out on something or wasn't connected securely enough so vibrations caused connection to break and reattach, surges in power/signal burnout.....more than wire designed for. Is everything else standard? I'm just guessing. Owned P3 for a week now...lol...[/QUOTE would that have been caused by a manufacturing error?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 308
A week and it burned out.... Sounds like a good old shop exchange matey, take it back and don't try to repair it. Very rare for anything like that to happen in a short time
I already installed the DBS Mod and i am getting much better range already

Not really...

The Skyworks WLAN power amplifier IC would have shut down or burned out if the load (patch antenna) was dissipating enough power to cook. The fact the RC still works suggests that didn’t happen.
OK thanks for clearing that up. But what are those brown marks because it’s not dirt because I tried to wash it off carefully

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94