Dji no longer supporting…what does this mean to us

Reaction score
phantom 3 standard, crashed several years ago and just now getting around to wanting to fix. It needs a camera, haven’t yet purchased. I still have the old phone with app loaded. Is it worth fixing and pursuing or will I run into issues due to their lack of support? App hasnt been updated for years.

from what I read, updating firmware is bad idea. Can I just skip?

thanks!

phantom 3 standard, crashed several years ago and just now getting around to wanting to fix. It needs a camera, haven’t yet purchased. I still have the old phone with app loaded. Is it worth fixing and pursuing or will I run into issues due to their lack of support? App hasnt been updated for years.

You'll still find parts and nothing important has been added to the firmware for years now.
But the P3 standard was a very basic drone even back when it was released.
Any more modern model will be so much better, that I'd be reluctant to put much effort or expense into working on a P3 Standard.

thanks!
I would bet you can buy a much better drone for less than what it would cost to fix that one.

thanks!
If you've never flown a newer generation of drone, give it a shot. I guarantee you're in for a treat. While the P3 was a great drone in its day, the improvement from the 3 to the 4 was phenomenal. You will be pleased with the difference right away.

thanks!
I enjoy buying them broken and fixing them up. But I also have issues and could use some professional help. But, if it’s not your thing and you wanna fly and use it as a modern drone, get a new one.
1C19D1BF-3EF1-4C6A-B1EB-94BFC05E8835.jpeg
730546D8-AC7B-461A-A6FA-69B9A05FBB6B.jpeg
1315AE26-D962-4C50-A15B-64BE57215DFE.jpeg
1C19D1BF-3EF1-4C6A-B1EB-94BFC05E8835.jpeg

Attachments

• F0064402-E48A-410F-9A5C-599852C84407.jpeg
    F0064402-E48A-410F-9A5C-599852C84407.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 43

thanks!
Some years back, my P3A had some issues. It was already out of warranty so I found a guy in Texas who did a fine job. Even upgraded the camera, making it a P3P. But at this point in time, it's getting late. I spend $400 on that repair, and when it needed some more attention, I figured the money was better spent on a new on. Got a Mavic. Something to think about. Lots of nice new features, too.

Go to the DJI Geo fence website, put in your zip code, make sure you change your drone to P3S at the bottom, and check out your limitations on where you can’t fly 😱, now put in any newer drone 😤, Litchi waypoint the only way to fly!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl