Phantom 3 Standard yaw/turning 'drift' ?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anyone else experienced a kind of 'drift' with the Phantom/Camera?

For example, in this video I recorded earlier today, I yaw/turn right, but the camera or drone immediately drifts back to the left?!?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does anyone know what adjustments would be needed to correct this?

Thanks!

I would need to see more examples as that was really short. If you hold the quad in your hand with it on and yaw it with your hand you will see the camera yaws a small amount also. It does this to help smooth out your footage. That may be what you are seeing.

Mine, does it as well. I am under the belief that the wind is causing the drone to drift a bit. I think the gps is moving the entire quad to compensate, and the quad is trying to turn the motors into the wind so to speak handle the wind force better.

I held my stylus on a point in the video, and when you yaw right and see it return, it does not appear to me to come back to the original position.
So IMO what may be happening to you is that you are yawning only a tiny bit, and the "Synchronized Gimbal Pan" that @120CCPM refers to is actually moving further than you are yawing.

I held my stylus on a point in the video, and when you yaw right and see it return, it does not appear to me to come back to the original position.
So IMO what may be happening to you is that you are yawning only a tiny bit, and the "Synchronized Gimbal Pan" that @120CCPM refers to is actually moving further than you are yawing.

Yes, that's exactly why I suggested to disable that option. It makes the camera follow - to some degree - the yaw stick movement, anticipating the AC. With small yaw inputs, the camera will anticipate the AC, but the AC won't move enough for the camera to re-align, so when you center the stick, I suspect the camera re-centers and seems to pan back. Disable the option, give it a try, and report back.

Reactions: mdowney58

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31