Phantom 3 Standard won't connect to Remote controller

Also did you notice the date (2014-01-01) from the log? What could explain this? Same date from all my firmware updates tryouts.

BR

Hello again ryo- youre gimbal should do the startup dance when turned on...did you buy a genuine dji cable? because i know the cheaper ones online dont work so good. To check your cable( it should have two thin ribbons in one if you know what i mean,) just kink the cable slightly to check.

Try removing the gimbal and checking all wires to the gimbal are good reconnect the gimbal again to the phantom.

Hi everyone I’m new to the forum and have been having exactly the same issue as in this thread. P3S had small crash and now rc will not connect via the link button, firmware failing to upgrade but getting same reports and dates as @ryo_le_noceur everything is the same as in above thread other than no parts replaced. Was there ever a fix for this? Thanks In advance

Hi Peter, yes there is a small amount of damage to the shell. I have looked inside but theres no damage to the main board or wires. Thanks for the reply

Hello again ryo- youre gimbal should do the startup dance when turned on...did you buy a genuine dji cable? because i know the cheaper ones online dont work so good. To check your cable( it should have two thin ribbons in one if you know what i mean,) just kink the cable slightly to check.

I forgot the lens cap on my P3S, and since it wasn't firmly pressed down, it obstructed the gimbal dance. Every attempt to connect the drone since that mistake, has failed to establish a link, while the camera has remained black, despite the link button light being solid green, the gimbal tilt working perfectly when I rotate the controller wheel, and the gimbal dance proceeding normally with each subsequent startup of the drone.

Is it possible that one single instance of the gimbal being accidentally restrained from doing its startup dance, for just a fleeting few seconds, prove sufficient to permanently sever the link between the drone and the controller ? I cannot start the motors with either DJI Go or Litchi running, and I am currently in total disbelief that such a tiny error, of forgetting the lens cap on during startup, would render my P3S completely unusable.

Well I'll be dipped. As a last ditch idea to relink my PS3 with Litchi and DJI Go, I went indoors and switched off my Wifi transmitter. Lo and behold, the drone connected with both Litch and DJI Go instantly. Relieved to see the link restored, I went to start the motors, but then got that "IMU calibration", which for me generally means it is time to pack up and try flying another day, since IMU calibration NEVER ends, in my experience.

I suspect that the IMU calibration error is somehow related to Litchi, since it rarely ever appears when I use DJI Go. Once the IMU calibration message does appear, however, it blocks all motor start attempts in BOTH Litchi and DJI Go, for hours, such that I now just quickly power everything down the instant I see that IMU message, and call it a day.

Matter of fact, it is because of the IMU calibration error message, that I stopped using Litchi altogether for a while, and only decided to try Litchi again today, because I finally figured out how to download Litchi flight plans from my desktop to my iPad. Haven't given up entirely just yet, but if I continue to see the drone grounded by the IMU message every time I try to use Litchi, I will most likely stop trying to use Litchi for good, and stay with DJI Go, much as I would have liked to fly saved missions with this drone. Some things just aren't meant to be ha ha.

All's well that end's well, and I learned from the DJI website how to calibrate the IMU indoors, in just 5 minutes. For anyone who suddenly encounters the IMU calibrate error message, set the drone on a table top indoors, and tap the following sequence. Camera, Setup, Sensor Setting, Check IMU, Calibrate IMU, OK, then wait five minutes, and Bob's yer uncle, done ! The drone flies smooth as silk once again, and I just flew my very first Litchi auto-flight with 100% success. In summary, when all else fails, read the instructions ha ha

I have the same issue, the remote control does not bind with the aircraft, I already bought another remote control, doesn't work, I bought another mainboard for the aircraft, doesn't work, I tried to update the firmware, and fail because does not have connection between the aircraft and the remote control, give me the same error "remo-con disconnect=" I suspect the camera gimbal but is too much money, I still looking for answers, thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,
I am the proud owner of a DJI Phantom 3 standard. The drone use to fly perfectly.
Unfortunately it encountered a malfunction while in mid-air and crashed violently (maybe from 30 meters high).
I've replaced several parts (camera cable was cut off), even bought a new mother board.
But now I can't get the aircraft to synch with the remote controller.
The aircraft starts, passes the auto-diagnostic phase (after having changed the compass whose cable was cut as well), but it stuck to the pairing one (yellow lights blinking rapidly).
Needless to say I've tried everything I could think of (with the help of Internet)
--> "linking RC" via app: counter starts from 60s but controller keeps beeping even after pressing the linking button on RC
--> manual link: gimbal to the far left, s2 stick up and down several times
--> reinstalling DJI GO (even tried several phones)

When I press the sync button on the aircraft the red light starts blinking. But nothing happens.

The synch issue is a lot like:

I haven't tried so update the firmware yet though. However is it really necessary in your opinion?

Maybe something else could be broken? What do you think?

Thanks in advance

BR
I bought two Phantom 3 standards to replace one that worked perfect. One has no gimbal but would still bind bind with a new battery. The other came with battery and camera but neither will bind or arm using the older flight Battery. I can confirm that ya don't need the camera or phone app to fly line of sight. It also drives me nuts that one would bind even with a bad esc on the main board ( a motor running slow ). I read that one issue is as simple as the board inside a dud flight battery will maybe let the drone diagnose but no power to the imu. Basically no info from compass and gps to let the IMU know where it is, up down etc. Without all that I just can't start the motors.

I have a similar Problem which nobody gives the right answer. I had two Ps3's. One with a camera and one minus camera. Both operated fine but I Knew a new main board was needed for the one with no cam or gimbal, coz 1 motor was slow. It flew okay but a little toilet bowlng on low throttle. It's driving me nuts why no changes have been made yet but remote and drone will not bind anymore.
Yip my old p3s had slow motor but flew just fine for years,not real sure why they do that but some do have lazy motor till rpms pic up , good old toilet bowl effect sounds like compass needs calibration but sounds like you cant do that at moment ,not seen gor a while but it was almost common the linking button come un soldered on one side and sometimes falling inside drone,,,can you feel it giving that slight click when pressed,,
There's a manual linking aswell for the p3s ,that's if app times out while trying to link,and that if link button is working so have good look at that
Manual link method
20240124_170929.jpg

Reactions: RodPad
Yip my old p3s had slow motor but flew just fine for years,not real sure why they do that but some do have lazy motor till rpms pic up , good old toilet bowl effect sounds like compass needs calibration but sounds like you cant do that at moment ,not seen gor a while but it was almost common the linking button come un soldered on one side and sometimes falling inside drone,,,can you feel it giving that slight click when pressed,,
There's a manual linking aswell for the p3s ,that's if app times out while trying to link,and that if link button is working so have good look at that
Manual link method
View attachment 125741

Na; Surely when the link button is flashing red it should bind to a transmitter and then solid green on the quad. I bought one mother board from America that came with snapped off compass connector and broken bind button. Yank seller lied about the condition of item. New one from England won't bind to either of my controllers. I am thinking that the compass, gps and motors need to all be hooked up to link.

Na; Surely when the link button is flashing red it should bind to a transmitter and then solid green on the quad. I bought one mother board from America that came with snapped off compass connector and broken bind button. Yank seller lied about the condition of item. New one from England won't bind to either of my controllers. I am thinking that the compass, gps and motors need to all be hooked up to link.
Ok well flashing is good ,its working,yeh they do break,did you try manual link method,and yes it still link if compass ,GPS,motors not plugged up,you'll just have onscreen errors but AC will communicate to RC ,those parts mentioned wont stop linking,since you logged off I mus well too
And which 1 we trying to fix,the one that has not been touched I presume,the one that's had no changes but got slow motor, this is the 1 that just stopped linking,
Did you unlink it or did it do it ? Was it to try other 2nd p3s ,?
Was just thinking and it hurt mayby firmware on remote might be mis matched not allowing it to link,you can check with remote on and app connected and press and hold 3 black dots top right if screen and shows what version .. might be downgrade or upgrade available,,I dont like playing with firmware so hopefully someone can advise you properly

Last edited:
Ok well flashing is good ,its working,yeh they do break,did you try manual link method,and yes it still link if compass ,GPS,motors not plugged up,you'll just have onscreen errors but AC will communicate to RC ,those parts mentioned wont stop linking,since you logged off I mus well too
And which 1 we trying to fix,the one that has not been touched I presume,the one that's had no changes but got slow motor, this is the 1 that just stopped linking,
Did you unlink it or did it do it ? Was it to try other 2nd p3s ,?
Was just thinking and it hurt mayby firmware on remote might be mis matched not allowing it to link,you can check with remote on and app connected and press and hold 3 black dots top right if screen and shows what version .. might be downgrade or upgrade available,,I dont like playing with firmware so hopefully someone can advise you properly
Thanks. My phone is not compatible with the app so I only use manual linking. Honestly, I prefer to see the craft flying and not the reflections on phone screens. Cheers for confirming that the rx and tx should bind with just power. I tried two remotes on both p3s swapping them and trying to link with same result on all combinations. I will try and find a phone that is compatible but hard to get the DJI go app as they've changed everything. Wonder if you have a working Phantom and would test the battery voltage of the little brass tabs of the battery. I am only getting .03v on a new fully charged battery.

Thanks. My phone is not compatible with the app so I only use manual linking. Honestly, I prefer to see the craft flying and not the reflections on phone screens. Cheers for confirming that the rx and tx should bind with just power. I tried two remotes on both p3s swapping them and trying to link with same result on all combinations. I will try and find a phone that is compatible but hard to get the DJI go app as they've changed everything. Wonder if you have a working Phantom and would test the battery voltage of the little brass tabs of the battery. I am only getting .03v on a new fully charged battery.
Sorry sold my stuff , maybe someone can confirm what they got ,,Is this test with battery on ?,
Seems below normal, I think there 4 terminals, 2 for data and neg & pos,from memory cells should be between 3 and 4.2 per cell I think,,but that can change depending how many times charged but around that area,,battery 15.2v and memory letting me down so even doubt my own numbers without searching

Sorry sold my stuff , maybe someone can confirm what they got ,,Is this test with battery on ?,
Seems below normal, I think there 4 terminals, 2 for data and neg & pos,from memory cells should be between 3 and 4.2 per cell I think,,but that can change depending how many times charged but around that area,,battery 15.2v and memory letting me down so even doubt my own numbers without searching
No worries, I meant the low voltage flat tabs on the battery that contact 4 little pins on the drone. cheers, I will figure something out.

This is still bugging the crap out of me ehehe. 2 phantoms, 2 controllers, 3 main boards and no combination will link controller to aircraft. DJI GO app seems to no longer exist. Anyway, Binding controller to drone manually does not need wifi. Talking to DJI support was also useless as they said all tech support including Phantom 4 pro is discontinued. I thought I was upgrading from other Quads that I was really happy with. DJI products are so expensive and yet so unreliable. Grizzle session over, anyone got an answer to the binding problem ?. Just as a fun thing, my fixed wings use 2.4 ghz for flight controls and 5.8 ghz for fpv. Dji do the opposite. Funny.

This is still bugging the crap out of me ehehe. 2 phantoms, 2 controllers, 3 main boards and no combination will link controller to aircraft. DJI GO app seems to no longer exist. Anyway, Binding controller to drone manually does not need wifi. Talking to DJI support was also useless as they said all tech support including Phantom 4 pro is discontinued. I thought I was upgrading from other Quads that I was really happy with. DJI products are so expensive and yet so unreliable. Grizzle session over, anyone got an answer to the binding problem ?. Just as a fun thing, my fixed wings use 2.4 ghz for flight controls and 5.8 ghz for fpv. Dji do the opposite. Funny.
Gota say that is crazy situation, I have good investigate myself because bugging me now 2,below is link for download, its android but dont know your device not that it help with what's goin on but yeh djigo disappear from my playstore and was only in this link,,Litchis a good app too
New link I post wrong one

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic