Phantom 3 Standard won't connect to Remote controller

Reaction score
Also did you notice the date (2014-01-01) from the log? What could explain this? Same date from all my firmware updates tryouts.

BR

Reaction score
Hello again ryo- youre gimbal should do the startup dance when turned on...did you buy a genuine dji cable? because i know the cheaper ones online dont work so good. To check your cable( it should have two thin ribbons in one if you know what i mean,) just kink the cable slightly to check.

Reaction score
Try removing the gimbal and checking all wires to the gimbal are good reconnect the gimbal again to the phantom.

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m new to the forum and have been having exactly the same issue as in this thread. P3S had small crash and now rc will not connect via the link button, firmware failing to upgrade but getting same reports and dates as @ryo_le_noceur everything is the same as in above thread other than no parts replaced. Was there ever a fix for this? Thanks In advance

Reaction score
Hi Peter, yes there is a small amount of damage to the shell. I have looked inside but theres no damage to the main board or wires. Thanks for the reply

Reaction score
Hello again ryo- youre gimbal should do the startup dance when turned on...did you buy a genuine dji cable? because i know the cheaper ones online dont work so good. To check your cable( it should have two thin ribbons in one if you know what i mean,) just kink the cable slightly to check.

I forgot the lens cap on my P3S, and since it wasn't firmly pressed down, it obstructed the gimbal dance. Every attempt to connect the drone since that mistake, has failed to establish a link, while the camera has remained black, despite the link button light being solid green, the gimbal tilt working perfectly when I rotate the controller wheel, and the gimbal dance proceeding normally with each subsequent startup of the drone.

Is it possible that one single instance of the gimbal being accidentally restrained from doing its startup dance, for just a fleeting few seconds, prove sufficient to permanently sever the link between the drone and the controller ? I cannot start the motors with either DJI Go or Litchi running, and I am currently in total disbelief that such a tiny error, of forgetting the lens cap on during startup, would render my P3S completely unusable.

Reaction score
Well I'll be dipped. As a last ditch idea to relink my PS3 with Litchi and DJI Go, I went indoors and switched off my Wifi transmitter. Lo and behold, the drone connected with both Litch and DJI Go instantly. Relieved to see the link restored, I went to start the motors, but then got that "IMU calibration", which for me generally means it is time to pack up and try flying another day, since IMU calibration NEVER ends, in my experience.

I suspect that the IMU calibration error is somehow related to Litchi, since it rarely ever appears when I use DJI Go. Once the IMU calibration message does appear, however, it blocks all motor start attempts in BOTH Litchi and DJI Go, for hours, such that I now just quickly power everything down the instant I see that IMU message, and call it a day.

Matter of fact, it is because of the IMU calibration error message, that I stopped using Litchi altogether for a while, and only decided to try Litchi again today, because I finally figured out how to download Litchi flight plans from my desktop to my iPad. Haven't given up entirely just yet, but if I continue to see the drone grounded by the IMU message every time I try to use Litchi, I will most likely stop trying to use Litchi for good, and stay with DJI Go, much as I would have liked to fly saved missions with this drone. Some things just aren't meant to be ha ha.

Reaction score
All's well that end's well, and I learned from the DJI website how to calibrate the IMU indoors, in just 5 minutes. For anyone who suddenly encounters the IMU calibrate error message, set the drone on a table top indoors, and tap the following sequence. Camera, Setup, Sensor Setting, Check IMU, Calibrate IMU, OK, then wait five minutes, and Bob's yer uncle, done ! The drone flies smooth as silk once again, and I just flew my very first Litchi auto-flight with 100% success. In summary, when all else fails, read the instructions ha ha

Reaction score
I have the same issue, the remote control does not bind with the aircraft, I already bought another remote control, doesn't work, I bought another mainboard for the aircraft, doesn't work, I tried to update the firmware, and fail because does not have connection between the aircraft and the remote control, give me the same error "remo-con disconnect=" I suspect the camera gimbal but is too much money, I still looking for answers, thanks in advance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schoolnetindia