Phantom 3 Standard wifi unstable

I had this issue, I use a samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0. I put it in airplane mode and hit forget on home wifi.Never had another issue.

My controller led go green then red...green..red....any help?

This could be that your gimble camera is not connected properly to the Wifi download module. It could be that the flexible gimble camera cable has a partial break in it.

my flex cable is broken yes...but it flew fine and green broken as is....
If you disconnect the gimble cable and try to connect you can fly the p3s no problem but as its connected to the 5.8Ghz receiver but you cant communicate through the app as the 2.4Ghz repeatedly connects and reconnects. This is my understanding of the system as I am troubleshooting another issue whereby the controller goes red after a few minutes even with the controller right next to the p3s.

If you disconnect the gimble cable and try to connect you can fly the p3s no problem but as its connected to the 5.8Ghz receiver but you cant communicate through the app as the 2.4Ghz repeatedly connects and reconnects. This is my understanding of the system as I am troubleshooting another issue whereby the controller goes red after a few minutes even with the controller right next to the p3s.

But the flex cable only controls the gimble...aint it? The flex cable is not connected to the wifi signal module? Due it works...and then stop working...and then works again...

But the flex cable only controls the gimble...aint it? The flex cable is not connected to the wifi signal module? Due it works...and then stop working...and then works again...

Thats what I thought until I completely disassembled the gimble and board. Without the camera connected to the board the RC would connect and disconnect repeatedly. So any issue with gimble flex cable to camera can cause connection issues to the app on mobile device and RC. However main p3s will fly fine minus app control.

Thats what I thought until I completely disassembled the gimble and board. Without the camera connected to the board the RC would connect and disconnect repeatedly. So any issue with gimble flex cable to camera can cause connection issues to the app on mobile device and RC. However main p3s will fly fine minus app control.
Now..tell me...when it is connected ...why is the wifi icon full bars and the controller icon dont even lid up?

Now..tell me...when it is connected ...why is the wifi icon full bars and the controller icon dont even lid up?

Ah ok. You have the RC which the phone connects to via the SSID. The RC connects to the P3S via the wifi download module. So if the wifi module is not working it will show full signal on your phones SSID but the RC will be red.

Ah ok. You have the RC which the phone connects to via the SSID. The RC connects to the P3S via the wifi download module. So if the wifi module is not working it will show full signal on your phones SSID but the RC will be red.
Ah ok....will gps stil be accurate and rth stil work as it must?

Ah ok....will gps stil be accurate and rth stil work as it must?
Seems to be the case as the GPS is located in the other board on top of the P3S and not sure about RTH unless is was connected at time of initial takeoff. Info is stored onboard P3S and does not need connection to app as it will RTH when signal is lost for more than 3 seconds.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1