Phantom 3 Standard wifi unstable

Still waiting on the weather to improve here.
Glad to hear of your success krakatoa56.
I will try both, resetting and reinstalling, the first opportunity I get.

I've tried both suggested solutions here, but I'm still losing wifi video link at too short a distance.
Only managed two flights since my last post; just before the snow came, a cold saturday morning this weekend, and then this morning.

On saturday, at the first take off point I tried, the Phantom was not happy. DJI GO app complained there was too much interference; maybe 20m was too close to the metal fence?
I moved further infield and that stopped. I was still using the same Samsung device, but I reset the wifi to default while waiting for aircraft to warm up.
The aircraft got no more than 43m up before the signal was lost. There is no weakening signal, just drops. I have to reduce altitude to regain video.
Was in the air for about 10mins, trying different antenna angles and phone locations, but still limited range. Did get some nice footage still.

This morning, after spending the weekend adding a neck strap to a Hudl2 case, I tried again. I chose a take off point even further infield than previously.
There are two other fields I would much rather have used, but unfortunately one is like a bog under the grass and the other is more like a lake at the moment.
I did have more success though, got over 80m altitude before the connection loss. Again, no signal weakening, it just drops suddenly.

Still, I would expect the range to be a lot better than that, i.e. more akin to the range I paid for.
I did put together one of those windsurfer contraptions, but I've not tried with that yet - I shouldn't really have to.

Could I have a faulty RC? or faulty antenna or fault of any kind? How might I diagnose this?
Is it just a case of interference from wifi signals bordering the park?
Also, there is at least one mobile phone mast on the far border of the field I am using, could that be to blame?

ONFM Limited
Good morning I have a problem with my DJI Phantom 3 standard we bought this item a day ago and now we found small issues when you fly over 30 metres the connection or signal is lost from the mobile screen but the remote control still working when you press return to home it shows failed what's wrong can you tell me thanks very much

Hi Janis.
I'm not sure I can give you a definative answer; but, I had very similar issues with my Phantom 3 Standard initially. However, range improved somewhat for me after several flights.
Whether this was due to better RC handling and antenna positioning, my selection for take off point or something else, I can't be sure.
I even wondered if there was an undocumented training feature, in addition to beginner mode, which starts with a short leash; extended with each flight. (Unlikely, but felt like it)
Try to find a nice large open field to fly in.
Make sure beginner mode is turned off; default is on, which would limit range to 30m.
Hold the RC flat, with the antenna pointing up to the sky and turn yourself so the aircraft is always ahead of you.
Take notice of where the internal antennas are in the RC, and do not cover them.
Sometimes the mobile device may be at fault - DJI GO can be demanding; make sure Bluetooth is off, Airplane mode is best. Close any background apps which may be running.
I also turned off the live video cache in DJI GO on my device; which may improve reliabilty.
Furthest I had since with standard was about 800m, in the same park I was only getting 50m before.

Personally, I still ended up buying a Phantom 3 Advanced, and passed the standard on to my brother.
I think the standard struggles much more with wifi interference, especially where I live.

I hope your range improves at least tenfold.

Thanks for the quick response all what you said it's been tested and doesn't work I spoke with dji company this morning and they said you should reset the wireless settings. This is what I'm going to do today and what else I'm going to uninstall and install dji app again. And then let's see what happens plus I'm running my Android phone I will try on my iPad but iPod doesn't fit in the Phantom 3 standard I will try anyway if that will not work I will send aircraft back to the main dealer.

I too have been very frustrated with my new MotoX Android cell phone. I can connect with 4 different Tablets/Ipad/Ipad mini's but NOOO hardly ever (did it once) could I get my cell to connect. Kept getting authentication errors when connecting to the Phantom via Wifi. Shut off Bluetooth, re tried with the DJI app off on etc. Uninstalled the app. Pain because I ordered all my add on's for the cell phone not tablets. Oh well.

I had problems with my P3S and wifi dropout and it was all connected with the DJI go APP. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and everything was fine. Worth a try. I had a repeat of the problem after an App update. This also coincided with an update to the firmware and I had to get someone with an iphone to finish the update. I then updated my android app and everything was fine. I DO NOT update my app or firmware now (I am at Version 2.8.2 of the app) and it all works well.

Jump to the 3min mark on the video for the wifi part of it

At the moment I'm testing my dron so first test Samsung Galaxy Edge 6 plus lost signal after 40 metres return to back home failed now I'm going to test with my iPod. Let's see what happens if that doesn't work try to reset Wi-Fi settings again and start all over again if that doesn't help sending back this rubbish aircraft because I paid for that £600

Second test 41 metre and lost connection no signal failed to return home this is ridiculous why do people spend money and the product is not good quality

And tested all over again reset everything for I can reset and doesn't helps 41 metres lose connection so now will publish my video on YouTube thanks very much Guys anyway

I had problems with my P3S and wifi dropout and it was all connected with the DJI go APP. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and everything was fine. Worth a try. I had a repeat of the problem after an App update. This also coincided with an update to the firmware and I had to get someone with an iphone to finish the update. I then updated my android app and everything was fine. I DO NOT update my app or firmware now (I am at Version 2.8.2 of the app) and it all works well.

Second test 41 metre and lost connection no signal failed to return home this is ridiculous why do people spend money and the product is not good quality

Because my P3S works perfectly. I've not had any of the problems that you write about. I'm happy with my Phantom. Sorry that you are not.

I seen a guy on YouTube have issues and to solve it he flipped the phone 180' it was an iPhone he had and it seemed flipping it so the home button was on the left hand side fixed the problem, I do the same now and have 0 issues with wifi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20